Benzodiazepines for Life
Hello all!  I've been on medication since I was young for anxiety and depression.  I have been on 2mg of Xanax, and then 2mg of Klonopin.  I am now on 1.5mg.

I find that it's a life saving medication.  I have no problem taking pills and supplements.  I'm just curious if other's don't mind taking benzo's for a long period of time, or perhaps (in my case) the rest of my life.  Anyone else in my situation, or can relate?  I just have to make sure never to go withdrawal.

-Ryan
I have taken benzo's for the better part of 35 years.  They have helped me lead a more normal life then I could have without them.  I usually take 1/2mg of xanax a day, sometimes 1/4mg more.  I hardly ever had the need to take more.  Antidepressants however had the greatest impact on anxiety for me and the combination is what did the best for me.
I am still sometimes amazed how well these meds work and don't even want to think about where I'd have been had I not had them.
I have come off both at times for various reasons and never recall having any problems.  I guess I was lucky in this regard.  
People take medication for a wide variety of ailments their entire lives.  Taking it as we do is not any different.  Living without it would be foolish as far as I'm concerned.
I agree.  The benefits outweigh the few, (if any at all) side effects from taking the benzo's every day for over six years.  I'm 26 now without insurance, and they are the cheapest of the meds I am on.  Trilipix is 184USD, Crestor is 189USD, and even generic gabapentin is 154USD.  Lexapro is about 140UDS.  Generic Klonopin is about 10USD.  Remeron is about the same.  And Inderal is 4USD.  This is all per month, and I need every one of them.  How can I keep affording this when my parents are gone?!?!
Bump...
See Illinois Cares Rx Plus for help with meds.

http://www.illinoiscaresrx.com/
I AGREE
i want to just take  them the rest of my life
wd isnt worth it and no gain in life expectancy by stopping completley.

wish i could just be the stuff at 7-11 or wal mart though