Anxiety Community
Benzos

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Benzos

I just want to say to anybody who is trying to get off benzos it is Totally POSSIBLE!!!! Keep your chin up stay strong, The Journey is worth it!!! I have been on Clonazepam for 6 years and I am a quarter of the way off of it... Before I was also on Ativan with it for 2 months and the withdrawal was HELL but I did it... Anyone can, I am feeling alot better... So please if you want it bad enough YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! believe me...

God Bless  (+)    Nate  
HI THERE MY NAME IS CHRISTINA I HAVE BEEN ON 1MG XANAX 4 TIMES A DAY WAS GETTING 120 PILLS A MONTH . I HAVE BEEN ON THEM FOR 11 YEARS NOW .IM 29 YRS OLD I SUFFER FROM ANXIETY ,DEPRESION,PTSD, SEVERE PANIC ATTACKS . AND MANIC, I AM BEING WEINED OFF MY XANAX . THE DR, SAYS ITS NOT HELPING ME I HAVE GAINED TOLERANCE TO IT OVER THE CORSE OF THE YEARS . SO NOW SHE IS WANTING TO SLOWLY GET ME OFF THE XANAX AS OF 11-13-2008 SHE SAID TO TAKE A 1MG KLONOPIN IN THE MORNING  AND THEN WAIT FOR 4 HOURS AND TAKE A XANAX ALLOWING ME UP TO 3 MG PER DAY SO SHE ONLY TOOK 1MG A DAY FROM ME BUT SUBSTITUTED IT WIITH THE KLONIPIN (klonopin) .I GET 30 KLONIPIN (klonopin) A MONTH AND IN STAD OF 120 XANAX I GET ONLY 90 XANAX A MONTH . IM SCARED AND HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS LIKE .

1. IS DETOX BAD AND WHAT TO EXPECT ? AND HOW LONG WILL THE BAD DETOX EFFECTS TAKE TO GO AWAY ?
2. IS THIS A GOOD WAY OF DETOXING WITH THE  XANAX BEING REPLACED BY THE KLONOPIN ?
3. MY NEXT STEP AFTER THIS 3MG XANAX WILL BE GOING DOWN TO 2 1 MG'S PER DAY WILL THAT BE EVEN HARDER THAN WHAT IM GOING THREW NOW ?
4. DID YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAVE BAD DETOX EFFECTS FROM WEINING ME OFF THE XANAX  THIS WAY TO KLONOPIN ? IF SO WHAT WAS THEY AND HOW LONG DID THEY LAST ?
5. I WAS TOLD THAT THE WORST  DAYS ARE THE FIRST 3 DAYS OF DETOX  BUT IM NOT GOING OFF THEM COLD TURKEY  DOSE THAT MAKE THINGS ANY DIFFERENT?

PLEASE HELP ME OUT IM VERY SCARED AND NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THREW THIS OR KNOWS SOMEONE WHO HAS ..
THANKS ALOT !~~
there is withdrawl (withdrawal) with xanax, but done gradually is the best, NEVER EVER stop xanax cold turkey (not sure if thats what you was saying) take your time, thoughts with you to ease off med slowly
THE DR IS HAVING ME TAMPER OFF WITH KLONOPIN . BUT I DIDNT KNOW IF IT WOULD CAUSE ANY SIDE EFFECTS / WITHDRAW SYMPTOMS BEINGS I HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR  11 YEARS AT 4MG A DAY . I AM NOT STOPPING COLD TURKEY .. NO WAY ...LOL .. THANKS FOR THE COMMENT BACK
God Bless ya bro! MAN! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! You've came a LONG way! =) Keep it up slick.

Peace.

-Canote-
I have been detoxing from Klonopin for 4 months now.  I was perscribed some form of Benzo for the last 18 YEARS!!  I am currently in residential addiction treatment for other serious matters.  At my intake, I was advised that NO benzos were allowed in the program.  I detoxed on my own, and the first three weeks were a complete LIVING  NIGHTMARE.  All I have to say is it CAN BE DONE.  THERE IS HOPE!!  You just need a lot of time and patience.  
TinaR10 Had another dream about me ... Comment
9 mins ago
SSow is ... Comment
47 mins ago
Moma_Cher commented on photo