Anxiety Community
Birth control and anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Birth control and anxiety

Im 23 Years old, Im currently engaged. But ever since taking Birth Control pill Yaz 2 years ago I have been experiancing Very bad nausea, dizziness, and very bad panic attacks that ive ended up in the hospital 5 times for. Ive been on seroquel for 6 months and the anxiety has only gotten worse, Now i have one everyday and im scared to die...
Do You think that the hormones in the yaz pills are causing the panic attacks? Because i dont know what else to do to make myself better? Ive never had panic before nor anxiety ever... Ever since i got on the pill it started. It took a while but its happening now. I need help from someone?
and if i do get off the pill how long would it take for my life to go back to normal? I get married in september and I dont want this happening to me anymore by then?!?!?!?!?!
My doctor explained this to me. It is from estrogen sensitivity. Talk to your doctor about a birth control method that is not estrogen, such as depo. I have the same issues when I am using the pill but I am fine on depo provera.

Hormones DEFINITELY can cause anxiety/panic attacks. My suggestion is to talk to your doctor about different birth control options. Talk to them about estrogen sensitivity and I think you will feel better.

It seems you have the same issue as I do and I assure you it will go away after you stop taking the pill... sadly.

Good luck
talk to your doctors about switching !
10356 commented on photo
1 hr ago
10356 commented on The Old Stop/Start
dm3410 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...