Anxiety Community
Blood Clots? Help!

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Blood Clots? Help!

Does anyone experienced blood clots before? I am having pains in my calf and upper thigh on both legs. It feels crampy. It isn't red or swollen. My anxiety is leading me to believe have blood clots. I need some real life info.! Thanks.
No...........what you need is a trip to your doctor as soon as possible. I am NOT saying you have blood clots! While I can certainly understand the anxiety you are feeling, I know nothing about blood clots other than the fact they can kill you, so why are you just sitting there? Only a doctor will be able to diagnose what is going on with your legs, and if it should turn out to be clots, you do NOT want to wait around. They can put you on medication that will protect you if a clot should break lose.
Real life info.................get to your doctor!
Peace
Greenlydia
I agree with lydia.  It never hurts to get checked.

Few things.....personally...what you described to me sounds more like mestrual related (hoping you are a girl...lol)...what you explained is exactly how I get cramps these days...in my thighs...legs..etc...no more in my abdomen.  Is it that time?

Secondly...are you at RISK for a DVT?  Usually there are risk factors....either long travel, or illness that has immobilized either an extremity (leg), or your whole self.  Also smoking and taking the pill will increase your risk...as does age.  Anyone over 35 is at higher risk.

Even if you have NO risk factors....it wouldn't be impossible for you to have a blood clot.  My guess is that you are perfectly fine...but call your doc, or head into a clinic or ER to be on the safe side.

Also...symptoms of a blood clot are...pain in the calf area and/or behind the knee, redness, very warm to touch....and often times significant swelling of that extremity.  Once you've seen a blood clot....you'd realize that there are some pretty big tell tale signs.

AGAIN...go get checked...but do not be overly anxious...I bet you are just fine.  If you DO have a blood clot...it is very treatable.

Good luck...and let us know what happened!!!  
I've been having the same symptoms on anf off for over a year and i'm still here so i'd say you most likely don't have blood clots. You say it's happening in both legs, so that would more or less rule clots out as it would be a coincidence to suddenly have them in both legs i would think.   painful, aching legs seems to be quite a common anxiety from the posts i read on various forums. I'm glad i get pains in my legss than pains in my chest like some do.  

I too thought i had blood clots at first, but theymptoms came and went on a regular basis so i decided they could'nt be and i'm still here.

A friend of mine had a blood clot in her leg a few weeks ago and she had swelling and it was painful to touch or walk so if there is no swelling i'd say it is'nt a blood clot. As others have said though, best check with your doc for your own piece of mind.
I missed that it was both legs...yes I agree...that is even less likely to be a DVT.

BTW...I absolutely LOVE your id!!!  LOL!
Thanks for the help you guys. I do not have any swelling or redness and my legs are not sore to the touch and they don't hurt when I walk. My mother had a clot and said it was like the wort Charley horse ever that wouldn't go away. I think this is just leg cramps but if they get worse, I will go see my doctor. Thank you.
Jade59 commented on jugglin's status
1 hr ago
lboogie7729 is hanging in there Comment
1 hr ago
Mood Tracker: August 21, 2015
7 hrs ago by char1234vass
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms