Anxiety Community
Blood Pressure and Klonipin(klonopin)

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Blood Pressure and Klonipin(klonopin)

I hope Ryan is reading this.Anyone feel free to answer.I had some high blood pressure before I started the Klonopin.I have been taking Klonoping for 1 yr,2mg a day.Mainly for panic,and anxiety.I am a 43 yr old female,and seem to have inherited the high blood pressure.I thought the Klonopin would help with the blood pressure,but it doesen't seem to.I would like to know the best blood pressure med,without the side effects.Like weight gain.Maybe something that has a diuretic as well.Any answers?Thanks everyone!
Sherry
Hiya Sherry!

Klonopin would help CERTAIN types of hypertension.  

What is important to remember is that there are many different underlying causes of HTN....some hereditary as you mentioned, some due to vascular disease, heart disease, certain medication regimens, other preexisting conditions.  It would be virtually impossible, and not the best idea for someone to advise you over the internet as to which anti-hypertensive med would be the most beneficial for YOU.  Everyone is so unique, and only your doctor who is aware of your past medical history, list of allergies, meds, familial history...etc etc etc....should be the one to consult about this.

The best thing you can do, IMO...is to follow up with your doctor who will take all of those things into consideration when suggesting certain medications.  There are many different anti-hypertensive meds and they all work differently...depending on WHY high blood pressure is present to begin with.

Best of luck to you...I hope you get it worked out soon!
You both have been so helpful! It was a couple of yeras ago that I was on Diovan,but it did cause some weight gain.It did not include a diuretic.I am go happy that you both responded,and I am so happy I found this forum.
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms