Anxiety Community
Body Jolts during rest?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Body Jolts during rest?

Anyone experience the body jolts? I started getting them yesterday as I was forcing myself to stay awake due thoughts of dying. Ok last night I was up quite late, anxuety always kicks in the worst for me when going to sleep. The heart started racing (like it always does), becoming out of breath, feeling faint, sweaty hands and feet, numbness in legs (but still able to walk). It got really intense for me that I forced myself to be awake, just to reinsure myself I wouldn't die in my sleep. Now unlike most nights this was very severe anxiety that depression was kicking in, ie unexplained crying, thoughts of death, thoughts that you are alone... Now mentally last night I started shaking and had an urge to rub my body and legs. I thought I could be getting symptoms of heart failure, or suffering a heart from a heart attack. Seen as I was still able to speak, even if I was out of breath slightly, still able to walk I woke my brother up (we share a flat and is aware of my anxiety and panic attacks) was slightly bewildered and confused and said "ring NHS direct, you need advice, they will tell you whether it's severe". In which case I did, this was around 5.13am. Nhs Directed me to a nurse, she noticed I was out of breath and asked me for my symptoms I explained everything. She told me to see my GP so he can get me in touch with some councilors or physchatrist, told me to controll my breathing by soothing in and out breathes, and told me to drink plenty of fluids. After that I tried going to sleep but due to me being afraid to sleep I started getting jolts, electric shock type of feeling in the chest and body. It was everytime I was about to enter a deep sleep I was awaken due to this jolt, like my brain was alerting me to stay awake. I was too tired that everytine I sat down, I was falling in to sleep, due to being very tired that I was awaken by the jolt again. It made me feel really horrible inside. Next day I went to a "local walk in centre" to be treated by a doctor, as he was not my GP he could not prescribe me anything. Instead he told me the situation and felt that I was the worrying type of person. He checked heartbeat and blood pressure no problems where found. He also told me to go to my GP and explain that you're anxiety is getting worst. Leaving that I went home got an apoitment for Monday.

The question is, does anyone feel these jolts, if so how do you control them? Also another question could I be experiencing insomnia, depression and anxiety in one night? I feel that this is starting to rule my life, it's a really scary feeling knowing what's up with you, yet you can't control it.  
I also have jolts when I sleep.  It feels like jolts of electricity going through my body.  My boyfriend told me about it first.  He said that I wake him often jerking my body.  Then, my daughter said I scared her one night because she thought I was having a seizure.  I didn't know what they were talking about until one night I awoke because I felt jolts going through my arms and my face.  I have no idea why this happens.  I also suffer from anxiety and depression.  I am on Zoloft but Im not sure if this started before or after I started this medication.  I also have a constant high pulse rate of 90.   I am 31 yrs old.
I just started to get these and i have really bad anxiety before and after.... but i got these jolts right after a surgery when i was under local anesthesia with sedation.... when i woke up i wasn't well i had a fever i was hot i was cold i was pale i felt like vomiting i felt nauseous u name it they took my blood pressure and it was very low.... they had two iv's on me and i finally got better but ever since i got home after that and i go to bed... i get these jolts that wake me up as if my heart was gonna stop or jump out of my chest... its scary I'm only 20 years old... and recently been extremely depressed and suffer from social anxiety and a really bad relationship that leaves me in panic and my nerves on the edge =[
jugglin commented on 9 months+ off Subs !!...
1 hr ago
Irisbritney Everyone says "just ignore ... Comment
maddog225 joined this community
Welcome them!