Breathing problems, can't catch deep breath
Ok, so, I've been experiencing this for a few months now and I thought perhaps it was just something the body does at times. Before, I just wasn't able to catch a nice, satisfying deep breath but after a while, it would come and I'd feel relief. It has been getting worse over the past few days though as in more frequently and more intense.

Just today, I had this happen and immediately after, I felt a slight pain in the center of my chest followed by a discomfort in that same area which was accompanied by very short, shallow breaths and a tingling sensation in my head / left arm. (I am 24 so I'm trying to rule out any heart attack symptoms). I'm assuming maybe the tingling was caused by my trying to catch too many deep breaths too quickly causing me to hyperventilate.. I'm hoping this is the case at least.

So, all this being said, my question is this:

Could this be anxiety causing my short breaths further putting myself into panic mode and hyperventilating or could it very well be symptoms of a heart attack? I certainly hope it isn't the latter..

If you have any input on this, I'd greatly appreciate it as it's been a growing concern for me over the past few weeks that is gradually getting worse. If you need anything explained in further detail, I will try my best to do that.

Thank you!