Anxiety Community
Bruises on my legs??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Bruises on my legs??

okay you all know that i have horrible health anxiety.. well i keep finding bruises on my legs and i don't know why... and of course im freaking out thinking that im dying... i have had a really bad day with anxiety and i think im going crazy... does anyone else get bruises on their legs???  what does it mean??? i fear i have blood clots and im gonna have a stroke any second... im going crazy....
My shins puffed up on me one morning and lasted for a coulpla day..could be anxiety...make sure that you're not jackin up your own blood circulation. drink water, limit your fried foods, stretch, and walk(excersise).
im now seeing that when i scrach myself i bruise pretty easy i dont know if that is apart of anxiety, but i do know skin sensitivity is a part of it
Hey girl.  Calm down!  You are ok!  I have bruises on my legs just the same!  If you had a blood clot you would have extreme pain in the area, swelling, gradual onset of pain,
redness, warmth to the touch, worsening leg pain when bending the foot, leg cramps especially at night, bluish or whitish discoloration of skin.  Anxiety is just awful and I know exactly what you are going thru!  I am reading a book that I purchased very cheap on  Ebay called Anxiety & Panic Attacks by Robert Handley with Pauline Neff...you should get it if you can.  It is really helping me!  It makes so much sense what is going on and how to fix it!  It will all be alright!
You were mentioning bruises on your legs - I have a rash on my leg right now as I'm typing this. It could be allergies, it could be the way I'm sitting, it could be from having a shower in water that was too hot - it could be anything.  I'm anxious about my health too but after looking at the rash - it looks like a bug bite.  But that doesn't mean I'm not going to worry about it - just sometimes I get tired of worrying about things I can't control.

My dr is always looking for something wrong - never anything right.  I have to have a physical soon and I'm just dreading it because she always finds something that has to be tested or looked at or something .... I think she just wants to ensure that I know I'm getting older and that my family's medical history isn't that great.  What she ends up doing is sending me into a panic.  I'm in Ontario, Canada and finding a new dr is almost impossible.  There is a real shortage of them - they're all going to the USA where they can earn more money.  Sorry - didn't mean to take anything away from your post.  Hope you are feeling better - anxiety is really debilitating.

I get bruises on my legs to, often in stressful situations, I never thought I could correlate the 2 together, they are mysterious and just show up......a few weeks ago I had a hug one on my hamstring and thigh. I at first thought I pulled a muscle from working out too much, but then I was wearing shorts and my sister saw it and just about had a stroke...it was so big and I didnt' know it was there. She didn't beleive it, nor did I because I couldn't remember for the life of me if I ran into something and I would remember because the bruise was huge.  I also get bruises on my legs these past few months on my thighs and I have no idea what they are from.
This is what I found online.

One of the main causes of bruising seems to be a deficiency in certain nutrients, primarily vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, bioflavonoids, and zinc. A vitamin C deficiency may be caused by several factors:

• eating too few fruits and vegetables (remember the problem sailors used to have centuries ago with scurvy outbreaks on long voyages? It was caused by a lack of vitamin C)
• taking drugs which destroys this vitamin
• long-time stress from illness, frustration or depression
• smoking (one cigarette can deplete the body of 25 mg of vitamin C)
• frequent emotional outbursts such as anger
• exposure to pollutants, allergens or heavy metals

But, I would talk to your doctor about it to get to the bottom of it.
Best wishes

my gf is the same she hasnt knocked her leg or anything but is in alot of pain in her right leg she cannot walk on it at all.the doctors dont really seem to help she worrys alot with her anxiety,it started off a little bruise n now its purple from her ankle to her knee its got worse in 12 hours i have no way at this time of the morning gettin her to the hospital either the nhs is a joke in my area
I bruise easy and I get bruises from random things and from things I don't remember doing.  I used not bruise so easy, but for some reason I do now.  You would know if it's blood clots.  My husband's aunt gets them in her legs and her ankles swell quiet large and she sometimes can't even walk because her legs hurt so bad.  She told me that I would know if they were clots.  I wouldn't worry about it.  You could be lacking a vitamin or something.
I also bruise easily and my husband hates it. He gets mad at me because I cannot remember for the life of me as to how I get them. I am under stress alot and If I were to try and tell him that I really don't think he would believe me :(
pixielv commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Coolevelynnn added the Weight Tracker
TinaR10 commented on heather727's status