Burning sensation in legs/body.. Anxiety?
This past summer I went to the ER twice in a matter of days as I had a fast heart rate, numbness, dizzyness, etc.. They ran a bunch of tests on me and found everything to be normal. I've been to the doctors since then and they've taken tubes of blood and tests came back normal as well. I've also been to a cardiologist twice in the last month because I constantly worried about my heart thinking it was WAY too fast at 100-120 beats per minute. That's when at rest to! They did an ultra sound, ekg, holter monitor..etc and found everything was normal. My doctor then told me he thinks it's my nervous personality/anxiety that is getting my heart rate up and keeping me paranoid..etc. I mean it seriously is the most uncomforable feeling in the world. I'm ALWAYS paranoid that I've got some illness. I'm constantly looking up symptoms online and when I find one I automatically think I have a problem..then I get scared and my heart starts to race..etc.
Lately I've had this fear of diabetes! First I had the fear of cancer, but now it's diabetes. im  always so paranoid and just because I have frequent urination Im all worried thinking I have it. And to top it off I've had burning sensations in my legs today for no apparent reason. It just feels like sunburn and I look at it and it's not scratcher or anything! Then I go back and think OMG this could be a sign of diabetes..so of course I get freaked out all over again.
I'm feeling what your are feeling. I started about a month feeling anxious and frustrated and with time now I feel awful. I have the same symptoms as you. It is weird how the mind and body works. Actually, today was the first day I felt better after my anxiety attack on Sunday. I really started taking care of myself by taking vitamins and got an awesome massage. Every night I've been taking a soothing tea before I go to sleep. I hope this horrible feeling goes away soon...
Hey I'm new to this but I know what everyone is going though I been to t the doctor a lot because I think I'm going to have a aneurysm or a stroke I it is scary thinking your about to die.    
How long after an anxiety attach does the body aches last
I think it varies from person to person how long the symptoms last after an anxiety attack. Mine seem to last about a month. Gradually getting better over that time ... although it might not be a linear improvement .. some days being better than other.

It's just over a month since I had my last attack. I had some awful symptoms. I'm feeling better now although I am starting to get a few anxiety attacks. There seems to be a cognitive process going on ... I'm worried about getting another attack (and all the awful symptoms) and that in turn causes me to get attacks.

I'm thinking of going back on the prozac for a while .... I've been off it for a couple of years but it's helped me in the past.

It seems to be good at pulling me out of this current process that I'm in.

Best wishes to everyone ... it does get better.
Well its me again. I had another attack over the weekend and missed work yesterday. My arms legs and stomach feel like they are burning and when I lay down it feels like I have to catch my breath which leads to the heart racing again. My wife seems to think that it is self inflected but I am getting to the point that I think I am going to see my doctor. I am just so worried that I may become addicted to pills. You see I have a very addictive personality. I have seen many friends and family get addicted easily but I cant continue to keep going like this. It seems that these attacks are happening more and more often. Reading all of your blogs makes me feel so much better that I am not the only one. I am back to work today but my arms legs and stomach still feel like they are burning. Sunday night and last night I took a bunch of warm showers and tried to get myself to calm down but Im thinking a doctor visit is next. Does anyone know what I can expect. I hate needles and I know they are going to want me to do blood work. Yikes!
I kno the feeling I been suffering from anxiety attacks for 10 months now...sometimes I think I'm dieing I'm always going back and forth to the hospital I've had several ekgs chest x-rays and blood work everything came back normal i had a ct scan for headaches...and it was practically normal..I get tingling and burning sensation in body all the time and chest pains...sometimes I feel like in bout to faint or vomit am I the only one that gets this?is this anxiety causing this
Ya I have the same feelings. In the morning I gag and vomit most days. From reading to blogs in this forum it seems like more and more that it is anxiety. Sometimes I even say a small prayer to get me through the night. I get up and take shower after shower, no wonder my water bill is high....lol
Is prozak addictive?
No prozac isn't addictive although you can't come off it quickly. You need to gradually tail it off over several weeks.

I've started back on 20mg. I think it's starting to work a bit.

Last night I had a new symptoms that I'd never had before. My body was burning up. I thought it might have been a fever but I wasn't sweating. Was horrible. I could get comfortable in bed. I'd get too hot under the duvet and then get too cold out of it. Today I feel a bit flu-y.

You have to be careful with drinking alcohol with prozac. Last weekend I drunk quite a bit and it seemed to affect me a lot more than usual. It can make you even louder than you would be normally.
what did you take?, what you wrote here is exactly what i experienced, and the worst is i can't go out alone..
Hey, I have been having panic disorder since I was seventeen. I'm OK for a few months, then they get worse. I really don't understand how they can get worse. I get so scared my lips swell out to where I can See them. I get hives all over. The newest thing is I get sharp pains in my chest, so I pop another aspirin hoping it will keep me from dying. A few weeks ago I had a bad one where my neck and all my back was tingling I was freaking out. They never go away. they just suck more. I keep telling my doctor( I hope your right and its just anxiety) because I feel like Im dying. I also have eight children and I feel bad because they know, and when the anxiety gets bad anyone can tell. My children come to me and say mom its ok it will be gone soon. really, really they need to come up with better meds for this, because I have been on alll of them. Also be careful with any of these meds, they act different in different people. me, I cant take Pazil it makes me angry and zoloft also. I take celexa, klonipin, and wellbutrin . We had to work hard to get the meds I needed
The comment regarding "Sounds like parasites to me" seems more feasible and would explain a lot of things, regarding my suspicions.
I have the same problem , does getting dizzy even tho I have anxiety attacks does it nescerry means I have virdgo ? Im so scared and it feels as if this issue is taking over me. Please help im only 19
i sometimes feel like im going to pass out, like when you lock your knees when you sing or play an insturment, but withouy the fuzziness and its short, but it does include the feeling like youv been embarrised the tingly burning feeling, and i feel like im going to pass out, is this a sign of anxeity?
I can relate to that all I can say is read and apply the bible to your every day lives, I was diangnosed with a chemical imbalance in my brain when I was about 18 years old (28 now), I over came that in God's will. I'm still paranoid but have confidence in the lord.. Listen to encouraging music (Pandora Gospel :)
Further to my Oct 18 post....

It turned out that the reason I was burning up wasn't because of anxiety it was because I had pneumonia.

It goes to show how awful and how many are the symptoms associated with anxiety that you can mistake pneumonia for it.

I spent 5 days in hospital.

I'm fairly sure the anxiety attacks are to blame for me getting it. The anxiety can lower your immune levels in time.

Anyway ... I'm back at work now and still taking the 60mg prozac.

I'm not sure if it's working yet ... still getting the anxiety attacks ... it's all a matter of trying to control them. The ones that come out of blue are the worst. They seem to get you off guard.

You have to be strong ... take each day at a time.

I'm having lots of thoughts of dying ... like I won't live long etc.

I will not be beaten though. :>
These same things are going wrong with me the worst is the burning pain in my chest and the headaches.. I am only 22 and it freaks me out to the point that I think I'm dying... I have been to the hospital 3 times in the past month and each time they say nothing is wrong.. The only answer they give me is that my potassium is low and it has almost the same symptoms as an anxiety attack.. low potassium makes you have terrible mussel spasms.. and your heart is the biggest mussel in the body.. the chest pain hurts so bad that I cry at times.. but I am going through a pretty bad time right now and am very stressed out with financial and relationship problems.. I'm glad im not the only one having these problems but I just wish it would stop..
I am 41 years old and have had panic attacks since i was 21, they started out with shortness of breath, heart racing, my hands and lips would feel like they were asleep, i would feel like i was going to pass out.  After the Dr's putting me on ativan, zanax, elavil, I realized I cannot take any of this stuff, so given that I have 5 children I learned to controll it.. like changing the channel on the TV.  Now it is back with a vengence! I wake up out of a dead sleep with my heart racing, my left side of my head feels like something is growing in it and making me feel weird, I feel like i am going into shock, my teeth start chattering, my body shakes like i am in the snow, I feel like I am going to pass out, the bottoms of my feet feel like fire shoots through them, my left side of my lips and chin will start to feel like they are twitching really bad..my chest starts to hurt, left arm goes numb, I get a headach, I then end up at the E.R. and they draw blood, do an ekg, give me fluids and some tylonal and send me home.. at least once a month i am in the E. R. with this and I have these feelling almost every day of my life. I just cant figure out where it comes from or why! Shellz
Wow I am not sure if I believe drs? But I have had debilitating symptoms progressing for 2 years to know I am having mild dementia problems and my personality has flatlined. I don't even recognize the person I've become. My symptoms are progressed to complete photophobia, stiff neck, and blurred vision with increased dementia symptom. I feel detached from myself and familiar people and places. All test have been normal so I am very worried it is a progressive movement disorder because I am having trouble with weakness in my legs, and some twitches.
Hi every1, I have had anxiety problems since I was 12 I am now 27 I can go a couple ov yrs without an attack but recently afta having my gallbladder removed my anxiety has seemed to go into over drive, its ruining my life I keep gettin burning pains in my legs and arms plus chest and back pain, I always think I have a blood clot and so on n the thoughht of death petrafies me to, do any of u feel the same, if any1 could give me sum advise or anything please I feel I'm goin insane x
Hi everyone.Im glad Im not the only one feeling these super crappy feelings and pains aches etc. but also i feel for all of us as its down right terrible!! im a 21 year old male and i started to feel all of these things at once when i quit smoking pot.i dont know if its the after effects or if the pot was masking or suppresing these feelings.all i know is i have a constant worry about everything.i even have to check my pulse to see if my heart is still pumping!..basically im feeling what all of you feel.Ive gone to so many doctors and i always get the same results where nothing is ever wrong with me.i have found that if you keep yourself busy and work on being positive and keeping your mind off of thinking that your sick always has worked.if you know your healthy then reinforce it and keep positive!it works!even as i type this im feeling better!haha
but good luck to everyone and keep positive because eventually the negative will really wear you down.
I am new to Anxiety, which is what my doctor has been constantly reassured me it is. My symptoms just appeared one day and they have gotten worse over the past 2 1/2 months. Doctor has had me temporarily taking Xanax, but has moved me on to Zoloft. I'm only one week on Zoloft, and noticed that I'm not quite as depressed, but still having the panic attacks and weird sensations throughout my body, such as tingling, rapid heart beating, shortness of breath, loose of appetite, and now a burning sensation has come up. It started in my chest  and has moved to my arms and upper back. I too had a EKG which was normal and last night had a MRI, needless to say, very nervous for the results.

Finally, to my question for you- you mentioned you were on Zoloft. How long have you been taking that and has it helped you. Does it help the physical symptoms go away? I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you!
I have all the same symtoms and ive just sat and been depressed wishing i could go back to life before this **** happend its like everything is fine one day and after that im always feeling like somthings wrong with me like im dieing all the time i mean even today i bent down from the chair i was sitting in to pet my dog and my leg poped and i started thinking oh my god i busted a main artery or somthing like that its different things all the time i used to be scared i had aids but that came back negative then it was mouth cancer and now i think somthing is wrong with my brain and stuff and i have anxity attacks all the time i wish i could just get over this feeling it runs and ruins my life and i hate it so much and lots of people think its a joke and i really wish it was im tired of living like this i really wish i had some help. ive been offered anxity medicine but im scared that it will do stuff to me to make it worse so im afraid to take it. life used to be so fun and i used to be a great person to be around and i still am when im not freaking out thinking im dieing. life just isnt fair
the burning is only one of the many symptoms i have developed ever since battling with anxiety.
it's scary and frustrating, and to make things worse this "burning" is also a side effect of some of the medication i have been prescribed, so right now my doctor(s) don't even have answers for me if i ask them what may be responsible for what i'm feeling.
good luck everyone
I started with anxiety back in april 2011 and ive been to the ER so many times .theyve done blood test , ekg, mri, ctscan.  And everything can fine , my anxiety is driving me crazy, ive lost alot of weight, burning sensation in my body , palpitations , shaky ,feel like im gonna go crazy , and feel like im sick , the pills makes me worse so i stop taking them just dont know watelse to do
I suffer from very bad panic attacks to. I feel burning in my face sometimes, eyes, head, arms and back, feels like I am on fire. I also get very dizzy, can't stand up and I feel like I was fall on my faCe and passout, anything with movement makes it worse for me. I break out in hives, and sweat..I feel chest tightness, or something stuck in my throat..I been to the doctor and was tested..I am just vitamin defecient, but I am also under weight, which my thyroid is fine,,I don't have cancer..my heart is fine, been tested many of times..panic does and will make a person feel crazy and not intouch with what is happening around them..i been there many times and it really ***** bad..i know what you people are going through..
I also get heart racing, been 150 beats a minute in the ER...I had to get a shot of ativan. I also get heart palpuations bad sometimes..However, if any of you drink enoough beer, consider also drinking water, as dehydration can cause a lot of dizzy light headedness. Also try cupping both hand around your nose and breath slowly for awhile..a nurse told me that and it helps me some.
im having those feelings in my head too. different from any other anxiety attack i've ever had. just wondering how things turned out for you? was it just anxiety?
I've been gting all the symptoms Nd they are nightmares.. I jst wanna no diz it course u do feel rly funny bad heads Nd gt funny pains in you face?? Nd also will it ever go away
finally, i have found a group of others with same symptoms!! Im 22 and have been experiencing anxiety on and off for 3 years now. lately it has been extreme from face burning, legs and head tingling/ numbness, heart racing, jaw locking and headaches. I've been to the Dr and Er a total of 11 times the past two weeks! All I've gotten is everything is fine with you and its just another symptom of anxiety. :( i just want it to go away!
Hello.I have anxiety attacks for 6 years.Just find some game or hobby to concentrate yourself when the attack begin. Don`t worry, the symptoms will be different every year:) just DO NOT PANIC! I have been to ER 1000 times, and there is nothing that they can do. my advice is exercise, good food and more socialization even if you do not want.Just push your self as much as you can.And cry when you have need to cry.It will relax u.Trust me:) hope you feel beter.SEE ya.
The past few days my legs have been burning. I woke up about 3 this morning and came down to check the internet to see what could cause this. LOL I, too, tend to be hypochondriac and am afraid (sure) I am diabetic.  I, too, think I might have a brain tumor or am developing Altzheimer's. I have a "buzzy" feeling in my head, am "losing" words, thought, memory. I, too, am stressed beyond belief. I woke up fearful but am laughing at the symptoms now: shortness of breath, extreme dizziness, headaches, itching. I am comforted by your posts. I am most probably okay, just anxious about many things. Please know you will all be in my prayers. Your posts have been a great comfort to me to know I am not alone.
I've had many of the same things happend to me as well. I told my doc I felt like my blood was on fire. I've been to er a few times for heart palps and high heart rates. All tests came back normal. These are stressfull times we live in and I think some of us have a hard time with this everything now world we are living in. The worlds a different place, people are cold, the media keeps us in fear of things we cannot change. Try unplugging for awhile when you get home and slow down and enjoy the little things in life.
Reading all the messages makes me feel as if im reading my own diary :/  each and every symptoms matches that of my own and the reason is only one: anxiety. I had a twisted muscle in my knee and when i got the news that i have an extreme deficiency of vitamin D (normal is 30+ mine is 9.5 :D), since then im experiencing wierd things through my entire body, tingling, shaking, stiffness, back pains, hearing sensitivity etc etc.  It makes my jaw drop that our brain has such awesome power that it can control our whole body, only because of our negative thoughts!! I feel bit better, right now, i am too feeling a burning sensation in my right leg but i guess thats only my anxiety. :P
I have the same thing and Drs cant find anything wrong have been to nerve dr and had all kinds of MRI S AND they still dont know what is wrong. Was wanting to ask how yours went away?
Hello Fellow anxiety prone people!  I feel your pain!
Have any of you had your CORTISOL levels checked?  Mine were off the charts high.  My holistic doc. told me to take 3 supplements which all have helped a great deal.  The most important is CALMPRT, then there is Adecore, and Seriphos.  Kavinace is also great for helping you sleep without any negative side affects.  Hope this helps.  A little morning prayer and quiet meditation always helps me ease into my mornings as well!
I had suffered with all these symptoms for years and when I got into a accident at work I went to see a spinal doctor. Now mind you have been in accidents before and have seen tons of doctors and felt I was nuts. This doctor comes in and tells me I have "Chiari Malformation Syndrome Type II'  I went to see a Neuro Doc to get treatment and find out more. I took with me every single report i.e. MRI's and CT's Scans and x-rays. He said to me yes you have Chiair, no one ever told you! I said No. All my life I suufered and was told I was parinoid cause I was a woman. and to find out I wasn't was a relief I broke out in tears for what I was going through was real. Doc tried to calm me down and I said doc I am not crying because I'm upset about what I have or that NO ONE, ALL tHOSE DOCTORS DID NOT SAY ANYTHING AND MADE ME FEEL I WAS NUTS WHEN IT WAS ALL REAL. IT'S A RELIEF TO PUT A NAME TO IT. dOCTORS ARE LAZY AT TIMES AND DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT IF THEY ARE NOT FORMULAR WITH IT OR EXPERIENCED.  I TOOK MY MOTHER WITH ME SO i DIDNT FREAK ON THE DOC. It was there all my life. I joined a group aND MANY OTHER PEOPLE ARE CRYING OUT OF JOY AND SAID THE SAME THING YOU DID I DID AND ARE GLAD THEY ARE NOT ALONE.  If you feel there is something wrong stick to your guns.  Its called Chairi Malformation. You may want to check it out. we have all the same symptoms and some more diffent for everyone and they come and go. and they all dont come at the same time either. god bless and good luck
I made a post and did read all them. There is help out there for Chiari and talk groups. GO ON facebook. THERE IS THE "ICA" International CHIARI Association.
Hello. My name is Marty.  I have been suffering from burning inside out, head to toe, spasms in the soles of my feet, burning under my nails, hands and feet - severe neck pain - tingling in my toes extreme fatigue for no reason - aching, hurting feet with burning where there are days I cannot walk or drive at all!  When I lay down at night the muscle spasms begin in the soles of my feet.  The burning happens any time of the day even especially when I am sitting still.  I have had panic attacks for over 35 years and have been on Valium since then.  This burning began four years ago out of the blue.  Please contact me at ***@**** so we can talk further.
hy name jasmine i just got on zolof but its horrible just called my doc, woke up with horrible burningt in my head nd zaps i dontknow what it is scared me to death, top ofit then i keep getting anxiety attacks so extreme burning in my head goes down to my stomach arms and legs,, did u had those sympoms as well on zolof will they go away ??? im scared to continue taking them.my email is ***@****. Thank you
I just want you to know i'm going through the same thing....i hurt all the time...my legs burn my arms will tingle my chest gets tight sometimes i feel like i can't breathe...i've been to sooo many doctors over and over and been through soooo many test its unreal and they all say your fine your just anxious....they throw meds at me, i take them and it doesn't seem to help, i'm always thinking there something seriously wrong with me....so i'm in the same boat girl...i just left today and was told yet again that i'm anxious and i'm thinking, ya i'm anxious because theres something wrong and you wont find out what it is....ugggggg
I suffer from the same thing,,,burning from head to toe...especially in my legs and especially when i'm sitting down....and not one doctor in the past year can figure out why so they just tell me its anxiety...i'm sick of spending so much money to go to the doctors to be told its anxiety and every med they give me seems to make me feel worse....its horrible...
Symptoms
__________
Burning and tingling of the skin
Sleepy but can't sleep
Weakness terribly
Can't breath
disoriented
Vision blurry not able to focus rainbow vision once
Scared of everything
Tension
Lose is apatite
Very jerky
Like my body and brain are not connected
Shooting pains even in my head very emotional
Easily agitated and annoyed
Dizzy and off balance at times

I feel like I am going crazy...

I experience the same symptoms.  I started having panic attacks/anxiety around a month ago after going 20 years without (I'm 47).  My doctor (primary) put me on Citalopram (Celexa), and after 3 days I had to stop after suffering every side effect including horrible insomnia.  It's been over 2 weeks since stopping the drug, and I still have insomnia.  In fact, I feel like I've lost the ability to sleep.  My body is tired, but I just can't transition to sleep.  But I must fall asleep at some point, because I'll remember a dream.  I took a nap today and it felt like my body was asleep but my brain was quite active.  Yesterday I felt the closest I did to feeling normal, and I was confident that my sleep would be better last night, but it was worse.  I'm in the process of seeking therapy, but according to intake personnel it could take a month.  I don't know how much longer I can put up with this.  I'm wondering if I'm experiencing the "paradoxical effect" or SSRI's, where serotonin in the brain is decreased instead of increased.  Apparently that messes up your whole system, and may be irreversible.  I mean, I've never been the most optimistic person even before the panic, but I have sunk to the very bottom of the well.
Hey can any1 tell me y my eyes go blury and my head get a sharp pain?iv got heartache nw n den az well as pins and needles or burning thru my hole body...iv had an anxiety attak wile driving in a car all ov a sudden I could just not feel my legs and I went light headed please help me..
Hi i just want to say im having the same feelings too. Im feeling numb lightheaded feeling like im going crazy and losing my mind burning sensation in my body even feeling suicidal. I went to the doctor and they said that i am ok and everything came back normal. I dont understand whats going on but im so scared. Please somebody let me know whats going on.
Hi did cymbalta work for you?
I wake up with this burning sensation in my head tingling like I woke up to fast it's really scary and I'm not sure if it anxiety, but for the last past week or so I've been having this pressure in my head that has scared me also, unfortunately I was diagnosed with hsv "herpes" about 2 months ago and I've been depressed every since. I couldn't sleep, my sleeping was off, i was thinking the worst, I wasn't eating I lost my appetite, I experienced  hypoventilation breathing, numbness in legs arms everything, skin burning sensation, I kept thinking even after getting my results that the clinic was going to call me and say I had something else which created negative thoughts everyday, I woke up every time the phone rang I was scared and for about 2 weeks now I've been having this weird head pressure in my head and I've been thinking could it be something else or worst.

about 3 years ago I had a panic attack and thought I was having a stroke and when going to the doctor they said I had Tia which is a mini stoke after keeping me in the hospital for a few days they came back and told me that I had MS, I argue with them and told them this was Impossible because up until that point I've never had any problem like that I went to get a second opinion from a neurologist doctor and I was going back in forth taking MRI every 3 months and they said that it was lesions that they saw but that it may not be MS, so I continue to got every 3 months no symptoms was feeling fine and when I found out about the hsv herpes august 23rd 2014 I fell into a deep depression didn't eat for a week I google everything and it seem like every time I googled I had it symptoms that worried me and I began this weird feeling in my head I started thinking the worst like what if it was HIV I started worrying even though the clinic told me my results and only said I had herpes I've became worried thinking it was more I stated to have this head feeling thinking about death and every thought was bad my sleep was off and that's when I wake up with this burning sensation in my head tingling like I woke up to fast it's really scary and I'm not sure if it anxiety but  for the last past week or so I've been having this pressure in my head that lingered for days that made me feel off balanced that has scared me so I trying to figure if this all from anxiety am I suffering from anxiety PLeASE HELP ME Becuase I'm scared to scared to go to the doctor and thy tell me it's something worst is this anxiety does this sound like anxiety
Are you still experiencing this? I have the exact same feeling. Burning sensations throughout my whole body, almost like I'm sunburnt. It all started in my groin, considering I have slept with many I was worried it was some form of STD but I had tests done and everything came back fine. My doctor said I worry too much and that I'm fine, but seriously... this has been going on for 4 months now and the symptoms are so annoying and effects my life! Any help would be much appreciated as this feeling must be stopped somehow! Cheers
Hi Everyone...  Going through this now.  Stabbing and burning pains.  Neurologist says it's anxiety - told me to take xanax.   I'm going back in a few weeks for a follow up.  I've been taking the xanax, but I still have this weird stuff going on.  It's mostly in my face, ears and scalp, but I feel it everywhere....  It's the most weird thing ever - but yes, I suffer a LOT from anxiety.  I just want to tell you all - we're in this together.