Aa
A
A
Close
Burning sensations all of my body
Hi,

About a week and a half ago, I slowly developed tingling (first) in my right hand, then it started in my left foot, but similar to an "icy-hot" feeling....a few days later, it has progressed to a burning sensation that sporadically hits all parts of my body (face, neck, forearm, hands, legs, toes, feet). These sensations started occuring the week after I was really stressed out about wondering if my pap smear results would be ok, and the fact that I was going to be audited by the IRS!! Funny thing is, at night, I'm not in as much pain as I am during the day. (I can wake up in the middle of the night and have no pain whatsoever). But as the day progress, the sensation starts as a icy hot feel in my feet, then burning sensation, then I may even have ice cold feet. But the burning sensation prevails. It feels like I'm on fire. It has happened constantly every day since it first started. I went to Urgent Care today (I'm out of town on business), and the doctor did a neurological physical and took blood work. He stated that it could be stress/anxiety (I have been under EXTREME stress lately), vitamin B deficiency, hormonal imbalance/thyroid problem, amongst other things. I asked him about peripheral neuropathy and he strongly feels that I don't have that. So I'm at a lost. And I'm in pain! I haven't gotten my results back yet. I've been constantly on the internet, looking up causes of this trying to figure out what it is. I made an appointment with a neurologist (he can't see me until July 5th), but I really need some pain relief!!!! Any ideas what i can do to ease the discomfort? Ibuprofen does NOT work. And also, any ideas of what my condition could be (possibly anxiety)?  This discomfort has been constant for about a week and a half. Thanks for your feedback!
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
musicfem joined this community
Welcome them!
Sep 28
4059843 tn?1465214932
Blank