Anxiety Community
Buspar and Anger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Buspar and Anger

I have been taking Buspar (5 mg. when I get up, 5 mg. at 2:30 p.m.) for six weeks now, and in the last week I have had several instances of what is, for me, abnormal anger.  This is a new symptom, and disturbing, because Buspar does seem to help anxiety for me; I even felt it was going to be a miracle drug.  But I can't have anger coming out of the blue.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Seems like the anger would have manifested before now if it was the buspar.  Any drug can cause unwanted side-effects.  Best to talk with your doctor and decide if it's the Buspar or another symptom of anxiety or something else.  I don't think you should do this alone. You need your docs input.
Thanks, Lynn.  Good ideas!

--peaceofmind888
Very quickly after posting this question, I reduced caffeine, and that turned the tide.  I have determined that it is better not to take Buspar and caffeine at the same time.  I have had no further anger of any sort in the past week.  I have been on Buspar for seven weeks now.

Thank you!
Kermit the Hermit One good thing about music,... Comment
TinaR10 commented on OctoberMommy2014's status
MusiciansWish1990 Had a nice long bike ride a... Comment