Buspar
I was given a prescription for Buspar by my GP.  I have heard a lot of mixed opinions about its effectiveness.  Has anyone here used Buspar and had a positive experience (did it help your anxiety)?
Like you said it works differn't for everyone.  I took it for about two months and it did nothing for my anxiety.  But for some it has helped them.  It doesn't hurt to try it.  You may be the one it helps.  I hope so.  I am now on Klonopin and it works GREAT for my anxiety when nothing else would.  Let me know how you are doing.  Take care...

Angel
did you have heart skips (PVCs) too with your anxiety?  I take Klonopin when needed when I have PVCs and it works wonders.  I really haven't tried Buspar, although I've considered it.  Buspar is really non habit forming, but my doctor tells me Klonopin is not as habit forming as some other drugs.  
I've been on Buspar for about 6 months now. I was put on it because I had a problem with self harm and it helped with that a little. But I don't think it helped with my anxiety a lot. It might work different for you, but I've been on better medicines that have helped more.
My heart would just beat really fast.  The worst was the hands and body shaking.  I have had anxiety all my life so I don't ever want to go off of Klonopin.  It has really saved my life.  I was really hoping that buspar would help me.  I gave it time and it did nothing.  I am the type of person who doesn't listen to what other people say about a medication but I do like opinons.  It never hurts to try something to see if it just might help you.  Take care.....

Angel
Yes, buspar has helped me quite a bit..but I take it in conjuction with Paxil (an ssri)  I have read that it needs to be taken in conjuction with another medication to have an effect...well, it has helped me tremendously, especially in the mornings..I used to wake up shaking and with my heart beating...they symptoms are practically gone, and sometimes gone all together.  Hope this helps.