Buying medications online: safe? dodgy?

I live in Australia and I am having a difficult time. My nurse wants me in rehab right now for Valium, but my GP gives me strict orders not to come off it until I am ready for it, and not to suddenly stop taking it.

I have had anxiety since I was 5 and I take 20mg/day, in one dose. I no longer take the Xanax and haven't for about 3 months. My doctors are loathe to keep prescribing even though I can't seem to do much without them. If I went on a tapered withdrawal it would ruin my studies and decrease my quality of life for a while. One senior doctor at the hospital said you may need to take this medication for many years, the rest of your life, or a combination of drugs for my entire life. I have been sectioned twice to psychiatric facilities and it seems that in combination with other therapies the medication is an essential part of my treatment.

Which brings me to my question. Has anyone purchased the so-called generic drugs over the Internet, or the brand names, and met any trouble? (Especially if you ordered from the USA and don't live in the USA?) Are they of good quality, packaged properly, and so on? If it is legal, could anyone recommend an online store for medicines?

Thank you.
I know that all those drugs that are sold on-line in the USA are illegal and I wouldn't trust it at all.  Please try to keep under the care of your doctor...You said one of the doctors wants to keep you on the Valium..while a nurse wants you in rehab....I don't know how the medical field works in your country, but is it possible to get to a psychiatrist who can wean you slowly off the meds, or change the meds to something less addictive while you try to come off them....Sorry, I really don't have much advice for you.
Thanks for your reply (and apologies for the duplicate: 500 internal server error).

In Australia, I can apply for an import permit from the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) for a controlled substance so long as a pharmacist or a GP signs it, and then I can import Schedule 4 or 8 drugs, but they advise caution because some "generics" are "home baked" so to speak, but it appears that it would be safe to import the real brand name medicines. It's at the discretion of the patient, and it's legal for personal purposes. That covers my end.

For your end I'm not so sure. I know I can import real Roche Valium 10mg tablets in lots of 90 or 180 tablets a time, but if it's illegal in your country then I suppose I would open myself to committing a crime and being extradited to the US to face charges... could any doctors here please chip in?

Thanks,
James
Have you tried with Canada??????  I know that they are less strict than the U.S.
Yes, I've looked at Canada, but they don't export Schedule 4 substances unfortunately.
I don't know much about online drugs.  You may want to consider a good psychiatrist that can help you at least wean to a smaller dosage, so you won't be so dependent upon them.  It may take a rehab.  I would lean toward that option, because I hate taking the meds I have and hate the feeling of being dependent upon them to sleep or stop a panic attack.  I honestly never have had any trouble with tapering off of Xanax, Valium, Ativan or anything else.  I've changed several times,and now use Valium only in bad circumstances (and I had severe panic/anxiety - hospitalized for it).  If that is not the option you choose, then I would get on the mental health "doctor to patient" forum and ask that question about online meds because doctors don't come on this forum - it is just for support between us "patients".  If you are sure you need it for the rest of your life, I am certainly not one to judge:)  Everyone is different.  
i wish to findout ow to purchase these tbelts online and wether anyone else has done so successfully are there any sites where ou can buy direct from
Some website offer free online consulations with doctors who will provide you with an online prescription.  I buy from a reputable online pharmacy called www.drugsbrokerdirect.com.  They are european based buy they deliver worldwide.

You just fill out a simple questionaire and an MD reviews it and a registered pharmacist fills the prescription.  I've ordered valiums and xanax from them on about a dozen occassions and I've never had a problem.  Delivery times are about a week.
There are many websites online that do offer these consults and prescriptions. The are pretty expensive. Typically, a consultation with a Dr. costs about $100, and drugs are usually 200-300% more expensive. The legality also is a bit shady. The websites say that they are legal, and they do require that you fax them your medical records regarding your conditions.

Below are two websites that I have used that seemed very professional.

http://www.maxxhealthsource.com
http://www.mycareservice.com

NOW, I must warn that although the websites state that what they I doing is 100% legal if you follow the process completely and are being honest about your conditions. However. I recently read on the Department of Justices DEA website that it is illegal to obtain a prescription for narcotics from a doctor that has not given you a real inperson physical examination. Therefore I have stopped using any of these sites.

I don't know if the DEA statement is just a scare tactic against shady pharmacies and drug abusers, or if I didn't get all the information, but the sites above do seems professional. Just thought I would throw out what I knew, hope it helps.
I have had a very good experience buying online Generics from

http://www.low-cost-rx.com

good prices and responsive service and they guaranteed delivery!