Anxiety Community
CAN YOU WATCH THIS? CAN YOU WATCH THIS?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

CAN YOU WATCH THIS? CAN YOU WATCH THIS?

YOU MUST WATCH A SHOW ON DISCOVERY HEALTH AND A SHOW CALLED 'ANXIOUS'...
EXCELLENT HOUR... THIS WAS ME AND I WAS WORSE 25 YEARS AGO... BELIEVE ME...
SINCE I CHANGED MY THINKING I HAVE BEEN ON TWO CRUISES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ATLANLTIC OCEAN, OTHER COUNTRIES... WITH OTHERS AND BY MYSELF...AND ENJOYING MYSELF... TAKING TONS OF TRIPS WITH MY WIFE AND KIDS AS THE KIDS GREW UP...YOU CAN DO IT TO... REMEMBER, I WAS AS BAD AND WORSE THAN MOST ON THIS SHOW...
IT WILL BE ON DISCOVERY HEALTH CABLE MIDNIGHT EASTERN TONIGHT SUNDAY...
YOU MAY BE ABLE TO SEE IT ON DISCOVERY HEALTH'S WEBSITE TOO...
A MUST SEE, IT WILL HELP YOU...GODSPEED
  • Why now?? (2 replies):
    I had been feeling sick all day. And couldn't figure out...[more]
That was a glowing recommendation, ken.  Very glad you are going on cruises and the like.

As I can't afford tv, get my information from library books or my iBook.  

Two things I observed about your post.  One is that your bout with anxiety was many years ago.  Second you have a wife and children...grown now I suppose.  I live alone and am now 74 years old.  Even if I were well, I could not afford such trips on a librarian's pension.

I am an anal cancer survivor and have incontinence issues caused by radiation.  This means short trips are best for me.  Today was an example: spent most of day in bathroom.  I think much of my anxiety is caused by a physical infirmity as well as having my son murdered in March by his father , my former husband.  

My point is: we all have different realities.  It is nice to hear you overcame your anxiety. I have many friends who have, most often with the loving support of a significant other.  

I feel successful in handling my condition and generally get out each day.  My version of a cruise is to zip on down to nearby deli for a snack and chat with others there.

I don't think the message was as much about taking cruises and such, but more just that this OP was lucky enough to have a lot of success in overcoming debilitating anxiety.  I certainly don't think he meant that in order to be happy or anxiety free, one has to travel the world or take cruises.

It's always wonderful to hear success stories, as we don't always hear them!  Most people when they DO overcome anxiety seem to disappear...we don't hear from them again.  I wish more people WOULD come back and at least briefly update us...it gives the members hope and makes them realize that people DO overcome anxiety!
You're right, the cruises were an example. BTW, they were FREE, I worked for a radio station as the Morning Guy.
My point WAS I got over it and YOU CAN TOO...
Yes, I do agree that more people that have had success stories should come back and let us know that there is hope.
As for 29sillygirl, I believe that your situation is extreme and unfortunate. The fact that you have survived a terrible illness and the tragic and violent death of your son at your age should be something that shows you how strong you really are. Don't measure success or happiness with what you can afford.

Kennvido: I'm definitely gonna look into that. Thank u so much for coming back and letting us know that this craziness doesnt have to be permenant.

mood disorder, shmood disorder
46 mins ago by Take_my_hand
Ruthy55 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
jenjen08 uploaded a new photo
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms