Anxiety Community
Can Anxiety Cause a Low Grade Fever?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Can Anxiety Cause a Low Grade Fever?

I was just wondering if anxiety can cause a low grade fever. Last night i started feeling cold and my hands and feet were really cold. And i was having cold sweat. then i decided to check my temp and it was 99.3 F. I never knew anxiety can cause a low grade fever? or mayb its something else my body is fighting? but i have had a full blood test and nothing is wrong with the blood count. so i dont think this can be a infection. Is this another symptom that my anxiety is causing? im really tired of having new symptoms everyday.
btw i wasnt feeling stressed or anxious when these symptoms started. so im thinking mayb its something else. i dont know !!! :(
What other symptoms do you have everyday?

How long have you had a slight fever or any other symptoms..
I have never heard of anxiety causing fevers. If they did, we would have a "Fever Tracker" in place on the forum by now! Anxiety can make us feel hot, and it can make us feel sweaty, it can raise our blood pressure and our heart rates, but in my humble, non-medical opinion, it can NOT cause us to run fevers.

That you were running a very low grade fever tells me that your body was fighting off a very low grade infection. (It IS that time of year!) That you had some recent blood work done and everything was fine means..........let it go.

Our temperatures can change throughout the day just as our BPs and HRs can. Check you temp ONE more time............then put the dang thermometer away!
Ever hear that old expression,"You'll worry yourself sick?" Keep shoving that thermometer in your pie-hole and sooner or later you'll hit the jack pot!

You're fine!
Peace
Greenlydia
I just checked my temperature again and its 98.9 F which is normal...

I also get lots of cold sweats throughout the day especially when I get stressed or anxious about something. Like i go to school and as soon as i get there i start sweating although i dont feel hot. Does this happen to anyone else? Like my hands and feet are cold but I’m sweating like crazy at the same time. Is cold sweat one of the anxiety symptoms? btw I think what’s causing a lot of anxiety in me is the fact that im scared of loosing someone very close to me. I have fallen in love with this girl and we are very happy to have each other but me being paranoid about loosing her is causing problems in our relationship. Im just paranoid because someone has done a lot worse to me before and im just scared she might do the same to me and leave me depressed.  

oh and one more question does anxiety cause neck/shoulder pain and stiffness?
Anxiety can cause tension which can cause the symptoms you mentioned
Might be because of your worry over you loosing your special someone.
Try to keep your neck and shoulders less tense by loosening by moving
your shoulders and neck in gentle motions. Or if you are able go get some
physio or go to a massage therapist.  
Stress can cause fever.
mishymoshymarcy sitting here in the darknes... Comment
51 mins ago
ashler1977 commented on ashler1977's status
51 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy commented on This is for you Grand...
58 mins ago