Can Clonazepam cause Anxiety?
I was told by my psych doctor to start taking Clonazepam .5mg at night for my anxiety. The first week I felt fine. This week I noticed my anxiety is really bad and I feel really irritable. Can this med be causing me to have more anxiety and not getting rid of it?
I have never heard of that happening with a benzo but anything is possible. Talk to your doctor and let them know.
I am thinking maybe my dosage is too low. i was going to call the docs office tomorrow. When I used to take xanax I was fine but I was told by doc I can't take that and Remeron at the same time.
I got that reaction from Xanax, but it was pretty clear because it immediately followed taking the pill.  It went away when I quit.  Sometimes we do have a bad reaction to a med, though I have no idea if that's what's happening to you.
Discuss this with your prescribing doctor, he can tell you what needs to be done medication wise.  It's always imperative that you let your doctor know right away when anything new appears while on medication, so work closely with him on your meds.  Good luck and take care!
I got a hold of the doctor and what the issue was is that my dosage was too low. I am now taking .5mg at night and .25mg in the morning. Can always increase the morning to .5mg if need be. I felt alot better today. I hate it when my anxiety is so bad that it actually makes me irritable and angry. Since being on the right dosage today I don't have that issue anymore. Thanks for all the support and advice you all gave me.
I am glad you were able to get ahold of your doctor and are feeling better.
i'm also taking clonezepam .25mg morning and .5 mg in the evening...something realy has changed in my head since i started taking this medication....i started to feel depressed and anxious....before the start of medicine, only problem was raised blood pressure and had a panic attack..