Anxiety Community
Can I lose weight while on paxil?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Can I lose weight while on paxil?

if so HOW? i was on 20 mgs i went down to 10 mgs  and im tappering off now but Im not losing any weight.  Is there hope for me or a way to lose weight while im still on it?

taybey
Maybe someone with paxil and weight gain or loss can connect with you.  In the meantime, research virgin coconut oil on the web.  All coconut oil is not created equally.  This product normally comes from small countries. You want the hand pressed, which is what virgin has reference to, as opposed to having been extracted by heat or chemicals.  The whiter the better.  The whiter it is, the less impurities.  The brand I like best comes from the Philippines. It's pricier, but you can later get cheaper brands and know what you should be comparing them to.  It's good to have a good brand the first time to use as a comparison standard.  Use it for sauteing, on bread, mixed in foods, or beverages, or straight from the spoon.  They even have recipes for candy that you can make, eat, and still lose!  Use it on your skin, nails and hair.  Remarkable stuff.  Research it.  I don't recall having seen anything directly in the info about Paxil, but you should be able to lose on it, whether you take Paxil, or not.  Good luck.  Let us hear what works for you.
I lost 30 pounds on an SSRI like Paxil.  In my opinion, it is no different than if you were not on it all.  Eating right and exercising is the time tested way to lose weight.  Of course there will be fads that come and go.  

Taking Paxil does not put or keep weight on in itself...there are various studies that suggest it may actually tend to make us crave certain types of foods..I have not read much into it, but living a healthy lifestyle is a good way to shed pounds and keep them off...keep us posted!
Hi Tayber,
Can you please share your taper plan on Paxil as I want to wean off myself from this nasty pill.  How long hv you been on 20 mg?
Thanks,
Robert
Anti-Inflammatory Foods for Joint ...
3 hrs ago by gymdandee
Shaun_ commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Cricketk92 commented on katmandu516's status