Anxiety Community
Can I take Dicyclomine and Chamomile tea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I take Dicyclomine for inflammation is stomach. And Chamomile tea to help relax. I also take Alprazolam 0.5 mg in the morning.
I'd probably ask a naturopath or contact the American Herbal Products Association to see if they have any information.  The only reason I mention this is because chamomile isn't just used as a mild relaxant, it also helps to reduce inflammation in the stomach, so even though it's much milder than the drug you're taking it does do the same thing.  I personally believe natural medicine is the better course for digestion problems, since it doesn't suppress anything but instead works with your system and works on diet where the problem usually stems from, but having made your choice the question is whether combining two substances treating the same condition is wise.
As far as my experience goes, I would say that this combo is not harmful.  However just to be sure, you should ask your doctor.  Blessings - Blu
Hello!

This is the second question you've asked about interactions, are you overly worried about interactions for some reason?  You're smart to ask the questions, and it's great to be proactive, however I think it may be more helpful for you to have a sit down with your doctor, review everything you're taking (both prescribed and not prescribed), and ask if there are any special considerations, or contraindications.  You can make a list ahead of time of items you would commonly take/eat/drink, and ask your doc for confirmation.

Also, another safeguard is to ALWAYS get ALL of your prescription meds filled at the same pharmacy, no matter what doctor they are coming from.  Also, ask to speak to the pharmacist, to ensure that your record is up to date with any allergy/senstivity info, and also be sure that they too have a list of any non prescription meds you take (including vitamins, supplements, etc)...that way, they would be able to identify for you as soon as you get a script, if there are any concerns.

Takle care!
I thing Nursegirl is right on, but unfortunately doctors won't be able to tell you anything about herbs.  They have not training in them, and there's a competitive hostility between allopathic doctors and those who use other means.  So to know about interactions with natural remedies, better to just google it or contact experts in natural remedies -- your doctor will just tell you he or she doesn't know and will often tell you to never take them as they're all bad for you or quackery.  Been there, done that!
Irisbritney Stalker ? Comment
1 hr ago
JGF25 uploaded a new photo
10356 commented on photo