Anxiety Community
Can a brain tumour cause anxiety and depression?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I will begin by admitting how terrified I am that I have a brain tumour! I have had a continuous dull headache for six weeks now and no amount of medication seems to shift it. It seems to be worse in the morning, and I have a really stiff neck. Its there all day and worse when I do exercise or bend over. The pain is tight around my head, and occasionally its tight accross the nose. Sometimes it is a tull ache and sometimes it pounds but I never have release from it. I have also been having tingling in my face, hands and feet occasionally with a twitch in my eye sometimes. Please help im terrified!!!! I have been to the doctors three times who say it is anxiety and depression and so unlikely to be a tumour they wont consider it. Now im not sure whether my depression and anxiety is the "change in personality" symptom of a tumour or if the headaches are just headaches and the depression and anxiety are causing me to believe I have a tumour? PLEASE HELP IM SO SCARED!

If your having headaches in the morning pain in your face nose area there could be a chance you have sleep apnea.
I had same thing happen to me which turned out to be it. If it is the apnea its the lack of oxygen going to your brain which causes the headache. Call your doctor tell him or her what's going on and they can send you to sleep center to check. Most insurance cover this,  mine completely paid for it. I was lucky. Its worth a true rule in rule out.
This sounds more like a sinus infection.  You're getting pain where the sinuses are and bending over or exercising will make it worse.  Often the headache is relentless.  If you haven't discussed this possibility with your doctor then please do so and go from there.
I have experineced your same concerns. The truth is that anxiety and depression can cause you to feel like you have a brain tumor, or any other "organic" disease! I thought the same thing, that I had a brain tumor, simply because I experienced the same symptoms as you: prolonged headache, pressure and tention, and all other kinds of bodily sensations which you describe. you should familiarize yourself with anxiety symptoms, and on here, especially on the anxiety forum, you will learn that all of your symptoms you are experiencing are common anxiety symptoms!

The hard part is is accepting it, and aknowledging that anxiety, and depression has no limit when it comes to symptoms.

I am certain you are dealing with anxiety and depression, as many people with anxiety also fear they have a disease like a brain tumor.. it is actually very common!

So to break your cycle of concern, you need to realize that it is anxiety and depression.. and just focus on getting better from that!

Happiness is possible, right in the present moment -- Thich Nhat Hanh

You're alright!

Ash
Hi, iv had health anxiety for some time nw I had a period of time were I thought I had a brain tumer, I was at my doctors 3 to 4 times a week I was that scared, then I actually got to c a doctor who did thougher tests and explaind a lot to me it actually turned out to be the glands in my neck that was causin my discomfort and also had 3 knots in my kneck aswell, I hope this is sum comfort to u and hope ur feeling well soon
A brain tumor wont have just anxiety and depression as a symptom. There will be other neurological symptoms such as gait disturbance, eyesight issues, severe head pain and a whole host of other symptoms
specialmom commented on AnnieBrooke's status
Jade59 commented on atthebeach's status
specialmom commented on specialmom's status