Anxiety Community
Can allergies cause anxiety?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can allergies cause anxiety?

For about a year and a half now I have been dealing with this feeling and no one can really tell me what it is so that is why I have been thinking it could be due to allergies? I have had many symptoms and I am wondering if all I have is just allergies. My symptoms are mental confusion, always tired no matter how long I sleep, pressure in my head, eyes hurt, have eye floaters sometimes. These are my main symptoms. I am a smoker as well so I dont know if that could have anything to do with how I feel. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Thomas
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
358304_tn?1395085884
Well, I don't think allergies CAUSE anxiety per say... but allergy symptoms can cause YOU to cause ANXIETY... if you are WORRIED about the symptoms...

I tend to be a SYMPTOM worrier...

I have eye floaters bad... and somedays they are fine... and not noticeable.... some days they are floating everywhere... and it freaks me out... and i just think the worse.

That's anxiety. "Thinking the worse"... causing other symptoms...

Good luck to ya. =) Try not to worry too much.
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
I think allergies can cause some anxiety, especially if they are of sudden onset. It is not knowing what is wrong with you that creates the anxiety.
Blank
Nothing causes anxiety necessarily, but people prone to anxiety can be made more anxious by anything, including allergies.  I've suffered from allergies all my life and they've never made me more anxious until after Paxil withdrawal, which left me with constant anxiety for the first time.  Anything now makes me more anxious.  People will often experience anxiety when they have thyroid or blood sugar imbalances, for example, but many others don't.  I think how you react to things depends on whether you're prone to anxiety or not and just the peculiarities of each person's physiology.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
joihn joined this community
Welcome them!
7 hrs ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 commented on Moma_Cher's status
10 hrs ago
Blank
pixielv commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
12 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
358304_tn?1395085884
Blank
cnote
na, MO
480448_tn?1403547723