Anxiety Community
Can anxiety cause groin/testicle pain?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Can anxiety cause groin/testicle pain?

Long story short.  I have had bouts with anxiety in the past, always presenting as pain in some part of the body.  The first time I experienced it was a stressful time in my life and it was started in the neck; other times I have had stomach pains; now more recently I came down with urological symptoms.  Have been to the urologist for the exams, antibiotics, and the fact is bacteria is never found.  I do wonder how much damage I have done to myself due to antibiotics I probably never needed.  Now pain is back very strong in groin or testicle (can't even really tell where it comes from). Urologist found nothing remarkable.  I am under a lot of stress and it is now seeming to me that this could be yet another manifestation of my old friend anxiety!  Anybody else have the same experience?
I have similar symptoms, pain in groin and testicles, swollen feeling, I am in constant anxiety for 2 years now, can this pain be anxiety driven. Regards
Well, anxiety can cause a variety of symptoms, and they are different for everyone.  My guess would be that you do have some sort of physical pain, but the anxiety could be causing you to be oversensitized to it.

You have been to a Urologist, which is a good thing, and while you have been tested for infections, have they ever done an ultrasound, or CT Scan? Or MRI? If not, I would suggest that you ask for some more definitive testing, to see if there is something that they missed.  I would also ask for thorough labwork, if they haven't already done it, including a PSA. (lab test for the prostate...which I bet they have already done).

Many times, a pulled muscle in the groin area can cause pain that lingers for a while, and while it is harmless, it is certainly annoying, and would cause you to be focused on it.  Also, pain in the groin area can cause referred pain to the back, and vice versa...therefore, you could have had a lower back strain that is causing residual pain.

Our bodies are designed to send out pain signals when something is wrong, however, that "something" doesn't always have to be something serious or life threatening.  I would continue working with your doctor, and perhaps even get a 2nd opinion from a different Urologist, JUST to rule anything out.  If everything still turns out okay, perhaps ask your doctor to treat you for a muscle strain, and see if that helps.

I wouldn't worry about any kind of long-term issues from the antibiotics.  The biggest problem with over-use of antibiotics is bacteria that becomes resistant to antibiotics.  Not that that ISN'T a concern, but there are always other antibiotics, and if you should develop some sort of resistant bacterial infection in the future, a culture would be performed which actually lists the organism, and which antibiotics would be effective in treating that infection.

Let us know how you're doing!  Best of luck!
I have had sort of the same problem with my aniexty I haven't seen a doctor about my testicals hurting am I right in saying it not constaint pain you are having I get it when I irritate the balls but sometimes goes away then comes back its annoying but my ball thing came in one night I think I never realised it then I automatically thought it was ball cancer so I looked up all this stuff and it makes me feel like **** everything now Adays that happens in my body I automatically think its something thanks for you're time
mood disorder, shmood disorder
4 hrs ago by Take_my_hand
Mediterranean diets
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
Ruthy55 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms