Anxiety Community
Can anxiety cause tantrums?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can anxiety cause tantrums?

Can extreme fear and anxiety cause tantrum behavior, such as uncontrollable screaming and self harm (i.e. hitting)?
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Well, my honest opinion is, it could be a result of your disorders combined.  You have quite a history.  The brain injury would be more likely as a cause than anxiety, but again, anything is possible.  I don't think it's as important to find the exact cause so much as it is to address the symptoms/behaviors.

What kinds of thinfs have you tried thus far?  Any professional help?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Anything is possible, but in my experience, anxiety tends to present more as fearful, timid, being unsure, those kinds of things, rather than aggressive behavior and anger.

Can you elaborate a bit...is it YOU who is having these symptoms?  Anything you can share with us that would be helpful (history of any disorder, any past mental health treatment, etc).

Blank
3547166_tn?1347817600
I have Asperger Syndrome but the problem started after a Brain Injury. I was diagnosed with Post Concussive Syndrome, Anxiety, Depression, Migraines, and Epilepsy. I am fearful much of the time. I feel very overwhelmed and I don't know how to deal with my fears. I am scared when I am hitting myself and screaming, but I am scared of what I am doing too. I don't understand why I do this. Could it be anxiety? Thank you for replying.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Well, my honest opinion is, it could be a result of your disorders combined.  You have quite a history.  The brain injury would be more likely as a cause than anxiety, but again, anything is possible.  I don't think it's as important to find the exact cause so much as it is to address the symptoms/behaviors.

What kinds of thinfs have you tried thus far?  Any professional help?
Blank
3547166_tn?1347817600
I am seeing a Psychiatrist and I have tried many medications. She has recently prescribed Cymbalta. I haven't been taking it long enough to notice a difference yet. I keep thinking, what if Cymbalta doesn't work either? Thank you for your help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
242912_tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on clean_in_ks's status
1 min ago
139792_tn?1299416777
Blank
Dalubaba commented on photo
2 hrs ago