Anxiety Community
Can anxiety/stress cause hand tremors and inner tremors?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Can anxiety/stress cause minor hand tremors, an internal feeling in my legs/arms of vibration, and sometimes lightheadedness for a brief second or two?  I had been under EXTREME stress regarding unrelated symptoms for 2+ months and getting very little sleep the entire time.  Now that I know I have a patch of Barrett's and GERD, I have changed my eating habits, adjusted my bed, and will be taking Prilosec.  I was taking Dexilant for 3 weeks, but I've gone off that for a few days on the odd chance that possibly that was causing the tremors (pharmacist said it was a possible adverse side effect).  All other blood work has come back fine, except for mildly low white blood count and a slightly elevated ESR.  And I've had tons of blood work done, too!  Feel like I've been poked and prodded just about everywhere possible!  I've seen a GP, a PA, a nurse practitioner, an ENT, a rheumatologist, a gastroenterologist, and a dr of internal medicine!
The hand tremors can be from a med, they can also be from anxiety. I have whats called essential tremors and my other family members and even my oldest daughter has them as well. If you have had that much testing and they say you are ok then I would believe them. You could inquire about Propanolol. It is a Beta Blocker but has many uses. It can actually help anxiety as well as calm the hand tremors down alot. I take it for the tremors.
Either way keep working with your doctor until you get the help and relieve you need
mishymoshymarcy Today is another day to mak... Comment
katrinika commented on You are a Believer
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms