Can you take xanax every 4 hourgs
I have taken .5 mg to day four hours ago, but am feeling really anxious can I take maybe .25 now after 4 hours?
Someone please help I feel a panic attack coming on.
What does your prescription say?  .5 isn't a heckuva lot so if you REALLY need it I wouldn't say it's going to cause any problems.

But I'm not your dr.
My script says .5 3 times a day. So that would be every 8 hours and I am really nervous about taking it so soon. You don't think it will hurt me. I am only 26 years old and weigh only 100lbs so I am just scared.
What did you doctor tell you to take? It is normally dosed out three times a day. Morning noon and night. To cover the day. If it was given as to be taken when needed then if you need it take it. Can begin to wear off after about 6 hours as a rule. Just don't over do it. It's not smarties you are taken. The more you take the more you may want to take on a regular basis. So be safe.
FYI, I have an ativan scrip that says to take it 3X daily as needed.  I take 1/2 a pill maybe once a week, and if that doesn't work I'll take another 1/2.  As long as you aren't going above your prescribed amount you should be fine.  I just wouldn't make a habit of it, in the long run you are better off experiencing panic and realizing it's not going to hurt you.
I'm with Mr. Green, 3X daily is really more like 6 hours.  However I personally see no problem with 4 hours if it's to stop an attack.  I just would not exceed the prescribed amount.

What is a normal dose? They always start me out low because of my weight but I find after 2 hours it is starting to wear off. Any suggestions on longer acting benzos?
She'll be fine. Once it doesn't become a daily routine. That little bit extra here and there. Because if you don't take that bit extra, should you begin to, you may feel more anxious at the time you had been taken it. If you know what I mean. Just try and relax yourself up some. Writing here on the forum will help you even do that. Just to get your mind off things. You are thinking inwardly. Try and distract yourself in some way. To calm yourself down.
Anxiety and panic attacks are really hard to deal with. I don't want to get addicted to the meds but right now it is my lifesaver. I can't function when I'm as anxious as what I get. I am going to take it and hope for the best at least .25 if that doesn't help I will take the other half. It has been almost 4 1/2 hours so I think I should be alright right?
Klonopin is a longer acting Benzo. Dosed out twice daily. Covers the full day. But would be more if you had 24/7 anxiety. It wouldn't stop a panic attack. You get something like valium along with klonopin. The valium is taken when needed. We are no doctors. Just normal posters. That would be your doctor's call.
I was in the ER today for a severe panic attack. I have taken one 2.5 valium this morning and the .5 xanax that they gave me this morning
Yes, I should add that I'm on klonopin 2X daily with ativan for the really hairy situations, which don't happen often now that I'm taking klonopin.  Klonopin doesn't seem to give me the relief that the ativan does, but I think it keeps anxiiety at bay or at very low levels all day long so I rarely feel panicky.
I am just feeling really panicky almost 24/7 the last couple of days. I see the pysc tomorrow so hopefully he can come up with something. I have tried 4 different AD's and they just make my anxiety go through the roof. Has anyone ever tried the beta blockers? If so what's your experience with them?
I also take beta-blockers which mostly work on my racing heart but not the other symptoms of anxiety (for me at least).  AD's WILL make your anxiety go through the roof for a few weeks before they reach their effectiveness.

Have you given them the proper length of time to be effective? (4-6 weeks).  If not, maybe you could get some Xanax or something to take while you are waiting for the AD's to take hold.

I had panic 24/7 and the SSRIs and SNRIs weren't working so I finally had to go on klonopin.  It leaves me feeling a tad foggy and stupid but that's better than scared and suicidal.
The beta-blocker I take, I really only take 2-3 times a month if I feel like my heart is starting to race.  Even with the beta blocker it took 2 tries to find one that worked for me.
I just started a beta blocker yesterday (Inderal) I had a panic attack this morning and it did seem to help with the racing heart but I still had to take the xanax to calm down. i have never been on the AD's more that 4 days they make me feel like I am constantly having panic attacks over and over. I just can't deal with that. I am young and have 3 small children so I can't be bound to the bed with anxiety. The xanax works great for a few hours and then I am anxious again. I have my appt. with the psyc tonight so we'll see. I am thinking about asking him for klonopin and the xanax just don't know if he will do that.Thanks for all your comments.
When you think about it you aint awake for 24 hours, if say your pattern is that you sleep for 8 hours then you are awake for 16 hours each day.... if you can take it 3 times a day then divide it over 16 hours, once when you get up,once half way through the day and then again at bed time.

Also i have taken a beta-blocker called Propanalol 40mg x2 times a day... found it extremely useful for the anxiety, first it doesn't deal with the emotional side of the anxiety but it deals perfectly with the racing heart, palps and hot flushes, sweating etc... it is a good drug, well my experience of it has been good.

I take the same beta blocker it is generic for Inderal. I just started yesterday but as I mentioned this morning when I had my panic attack my heart didn't race it was great. I hope it keeps working and working better. I don't want to be on xanax forever. I wish my sleep pattern was eight hours. Right now I can only sleep 3 or 4 hours and then I am wide awake. I hate anxiety
I'm so glad that you are the feeling the effect straight away, as it kicks in you'll soon start to feel less anxious i'm sure.  3/4 hours sleep must be putting a strain on you, do you take the Xanax before you go to sleep?  
yeah, but I am only taking .25 I think I need more. Hopefully the DR will do something for me tonight.
good, here's hoping for a restful night's sleep then.  All the best xx