Cancer anxiety
After the death of a close relative from heart attack, I am always scared of being diagnosed with either cancer or with heart problem. I am always under pressure. Please help
Health anxiety is fairly common.  Have a bit myself.  Even when we realize the probability is very low, we still worry and hyper focus on every little thing in our body.  Mine is very manageable but if you are at the point of it being a problem in your life, then it's time to treat anxiety as a whole.  IT is the cancer and heart disease you fear . . . IT Is the disease/disorder you battle.  So, treating it can lesson your worries about health concerns and let you get back to living.  Talk to your doctor about this as it relates to Anxiety to being the steps to getting treatment for it.  good luck
Thank you so much.I know this is just what I think and if I am busy in the day, I don't experience anything at all. Its just that when I am free all the symptoms seem to crop up and then I spend the rest of the time searching online
Just so you know, this is an area Specialmom and I usually disagree, but I don't think your doctor has any answers for you on anxiety.  I think the place to go is to a psychologist who specializes in anxiety treatment so you can learn to stop thinking like an anxious person if possible.  If you can't, and your life spins out of control, then it's time for the psychiatrist, but for now, I think therapy is the first step.
Oh the dear health anxiety. It's lovely isn't it? I had to go on an SSRI to help me forget my heart anxiety and it helped. :)
Parul1809             The first step to resolving anxiety is to stop Googling health issues because there is nothing comforting there. For example, you can find people who ACTUALLY died from a thumbtack clot that went to the brain so if you Google any way to die you will find someone who has died that way, and will just make an anxious person more fearful.  Google has a use if you want info about a condition, but repetitive Googling is not useful if you have severe anxiety about something.

The other advices you received have their own merits and depending on your circumstances some if not all are necessary in the way forward, but Googling will stick you in anxiety so deep that it will likely impede them all.
I should have said that the SSRI should be the last resort, but sometimes a person gets so deep into anxiety that they can't focus very well during therapy, so then meds are necessary to try to get you back to a calmer state so you can make best use of the therapy.