Can't Sit Still
I was diagnosed with Post Tramatic Stress Disorder about 2 yrs ago and my doctor had me on Effexor 150mg and I hated it.  I would have crazy thoughts and the dreams that I had where unreal!  My husband and I decieded to have a child and my obgyn put me on Zoloft 100mg and was doing great.  I am not a depressive person I am just  hyper and anxious all the time and it seemed like the Zoloft made me level.  The only thing that didnt like about it is that it made me feel as if I couldnt "feel" anything.  I had no reaction to nothing,  it was like i would just be blank when things would happen that others would react too.  I currently stopped taking it and I am off the charts hyper and short fused.  I just took my first dose after missing for 4 days.  How long until my fuse will be longer again:)
Did you stop abruptly or taper off slowly?  You shouldn't quit these meds abruptly.  If going back on it makes you feel better fairly quickly, then you were suffering withdrawal.  You should then set up a taper schedule that works for you with your psychiatrist.  If the psychiatrist doesn't listen or pooh poohs withdrawal, find another.
Thanks for the reply.  I just abruptly stopped taking it.  I was thinking of just going to 50 mg.  That way I could mabye "feel" again.  I slept good last night after taking it after 4 days.  So I am thinking it was withdraws.  
Yeah it is dangerous to stop taking these types of meds cold turkey, you need to taper off slowly to allow your body to adapt to the change, going cold turkey will send you into withdrawl which can be severe, so DONT do it.

Maybe you should have a chat with your doc about this 'numb' feeling you are experiencing, maybe he/she can recommend something that will be siutable for you.  Maybe instead of coming off altogether your doc may lower the dose so you get the benefit of the drug but also can respond appropriately to situations.

Good-luck