Can't calm down...
I feel so nauseous, but nothing comes up.  When I'm nauseous it makes me freak out.  My heart races and I can't calm down...will someone help me.  I don't want to take a xanax to calm me down I'm tired of depending on that to make me feel better.  Any ideas?
Hi Anz,
Can you go on a nice walk and drink some tummy tamer tea?  This may help a little.  I also take Calms and use Bachs rescue remedy spray. I use Xanax or Klonopin as a very last resort because of the dependency and addiction issues that I don't want to deal with.  But those drugs are there for a reason.  Some people take them for years and wouldn't live without them.  

Vistaril helps me also with the nausea and anxiety and it is not habit forming.
Can I get those tummy calmer things at Walgreens or something.  It's just so up and down...I feel like my anxiety comes on when I am tired though.  Haven't had much sleep lately...I wish there was a cure for this.
what about dramamine? they always help with the nausea, and just one will not make me sleepy.
I'm already taking medication that my GI doc gave me...wonder if its not working well...Just want my stomach to calm down...I had orange juice this morning and haven't had it for a while so I wonder if that is what it is doing it.
Tummy Tamer is a tea you can buy at the grocery store.  I think its made by Celestial Seasons.
I'm actually going to the Dr. today due to stress/anxiety and stomach bloatedness/pains/cramps issues. I felt sick for a second today, and thought I was going to barf. But I took deep breaths and it went away.

Anxiety can cause so many symptoms. I hope you feel better soon. In time, it shall pass.

Stay away from orange juice and acidy drinks... when you have anxiety, your stomach can produce lots more stomach acid than usual. That's what I'm thinking could be part of my problem.
Try to eat bland foods.....like bananas, rice, chicken, oatmeal, apple sauce, turkey.  Just thinking of food makes me want to gag sometimes, but at night my appetite comes back a little and I'll eat something good like spaghetti and meatballs ;o)
I don't pretend to know what's wrong, but most of us with bad anxiety have digestive problems.  Pharmaceutical treatments for them usually cause a rebound effect, so that's not a good solution.  You might try a homeopathic remedy called nux vomica 30c and see if it helps; meanwhile, of course, you need to work on the anxiety through therapy and, if necessary, other natural remedies or medication.  Good luck.
Pace. Walk around. You also have to make sure that you keep your breathing normally. When i have my freak outs my first response is to pace. It helps alot. i totally understand you not wanting to take xanax. i was in that same boat. i was taking 3 to 4 .5 MG pills a day for awhile until they put me on other meds. Also when you feel this way blog. or write a journal get out whats on your mind. That is a biig thing for me. Or go through here and read about everyone else. It'll make you feel like your problems arent that bad and you'll feel better.
Oh.. and you could eat crackers to soothe your nautiousness.
Hey thanks everyone for helping.  That day I went to McDonald's because I was starving and had orange juice with my breakfast.  I think that is what did it.  Dumb on me.  I love orange juice sooo much though, but I know that is what caused my stomach problem.  It's hard staying away foods that you love you know.  Even pizza is doing it to me now.  Have to have a bland eatting life I guess, but that is fine by me :-) Thanks again :-)
The notion of a bland diet is an outdated theory.  And it was developed for people with ulcers, not people with anxious stomachs.  For example, cayenne is obviously not bland, but it is a good treatment for ulcers.  What you need isn't a bland diet, but a diet that serves your body.  If you can eat it without trouble, eat it; if you can't, don't.  But orange juice, although very acidic, wouldn't by itself necessarily cause nausea, it would more likely cause acid indigestion or reflux or bloating.  So again, diet is a very individual thing, but "bland" isn't a word describing a diet.
Oh, and think about it:  you ate at McDonalds, which has no real food in the place except the orange juice, and probably not even that is natural there, and you blame the oj?  
I am the exact same way! I know this post is old, but have your found relief? I have lost 20 pounds this month. I want to eat again!