Anxiety Community
Can't sit still especially at night?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Can't sit still especially at night?

Well I get incredibly restless and a feeling of emptiness and kinda uselessness and I just can't stand to sit still (no pun intended). It's a lot worse at night. By about five o'clock when I get home I try to sit and watch TV, play video games, whatever, and I can't do it for more than 30 minutes max.
I guess I'm looking for pointers on things I can do to distract myself or something?
Tags: sit still, at night, Anxiety
you sound a bit anxious and depressed. Have you seen your doctor lately for a check up?
Many people find it helpful to exercise.  Perhaps you can join a gym and do some strenuous workouts right after work. Have you had these symptoms long?  
For me, anxiety can really peak in the evening, when the day winds down.  Work and the hectic parts of my day usually keep me pretty occupied before the evening.   Have you been to counseling for your anxiety?  For me, it really helped me get to the root causes of it and can give you the knowledge to confront it...keep us posted!
Paxiled commented on SOY
Shane1997 commented on A very inspiring colu...
Jade59 commented on breezytoo's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms