Anxiety Community
Celexa,ativan and abilify

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Celexa,ativan and abilify

Seems like a strange mix to me.............but Im on all 3,the celexa only a few days...............anyone every heard of this cocktail or been on it? Would love to hear fromyou!!
Doctors can prescribe Abilify as an 'enhancer' to an SSRI if it is not having the full desired effect.  Ativan is a benzo that is usually prescribed short term on an as needed basis.  Have you been on other SSRIs in the past?
well it is the opinion of some people i've asked that abilify is is not worth the money at all. i don't know much about it, so i don't know if that's really true...but i'd look into how it works and if it's really effective, just so that you'll know.

Are you saying you were put on Abilify before you were put on Celexa?  Because if you've only been on Celexa a few days, Abilify wouldn't be appropriate.  It's only a last resort medication because of its side effect profile and because it isn't known to work by itself, only in combination with another med.  If, for example, you have depression, and you're on medication and its helping but not quite enough and you've tried everything else, that's what Abilify is for.  It would be an augmentation of what you're on, not something to try first.  Is this from a psychiatrist or a pcp?  I'd question it, since you won't know for weeks whether Celexa is going to do the trick or not.
mishymoshymarcy There is a tiny part of me ... Comment
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms