Celexa with Prozac and Zoloft
My husband had a stroke two years ago, while still in the hospital the doctor put him on Zoloft (100mg daily), about a year later his nuerologist put him on Prozac (10mg daily) in addition to the Zoloft because my husband wasn't feeling any better and he had also suffered two seizures which added to his depression (because he was feeling like he wouldn't really be able to do much for fear of having a seizure while out and about).  He isn't himself, which I know some of it is because of his stroke, but he has also had some major family losses.  He has anxiety, depression, mood swings, some days he basically sleeps all day and is up all  night.  He's all over the place.  Anyway, we went to see a new doctor today since his primary physician retired.  My husband explained to him how he feels and that whatever they have been doing for him doesn't work.  Well this doctor put him on Celexa (10mg daily).  He said that will help with his nerves, I thought it was more of like a valium or something, however after coming home and looking it up I see that it is another anti-depressant.  My question is that is it safe for him to be on all 3 of these medications?   I have called the doctors office to ask him but have not heard back from them yet.  I have not gotten this prescription filled yet.  I am concerned about this and want to find out before starting him on this.  
I wish I could give you an answer, but we are not qualified to answer these types of pharmaceutical questions. You could speak with your local pharmacist, who is a DOCTOR OF PHARMACOLOGY for information about any interactions of these meds. The bottom line is that you need to trust that your doctor is making the best decision to help your husband. If your husband does not feel the meds are working, I would suggest calling the doctor who followed him in the hospital and have him recommend a doctor.
It CAN take some time after a stroke to find the right balance of medication, but I know it can be frustrating and even frightening. A support group might offer you some peace of mind and fellowship while going through this phase of your husbands recovery.
Never give up.
Peace
Greenlydia
I would have to agree with greenlydia here 100%.  Pharmacists are great resources to use...and it's free advice.  Medication issues can be hard to deal with sometimes, but is there a good psychiatrist he can see again to help him with these medication issues?  For me, my GP actually recommended a good psychiatrist and it helped me tremendously with finding out what was the right kind for me.  Just keep supporting him and keep an open line of communication open with your doctors.  Keep us posted.  
I guess I'll be the usual contrarian here.  I have a suspicion that the new doctor didn't look at what this person is already taking, and is running the risk, being on three medications all targeting serotonin, of developing serotonin syndrome.  While there is a lot of evidence behind augmentation of meds, it's only done where the first one has helped some, and it's not done with the same kinds of meds.  More than one ssri at a time sounds dangerous to me.  This should be done by a psychiatrist, not a GP.  Now, I'm not a doc either, but when you've gone through years of this stuff, you have to learn things.  I would quickly find a good psychopharmacologist and quickly ask the new GP if he or she knows the guy's already on two ssris, which is already probably one too many.
I think taking three antidepressants is counter productive and may be causing your husband more problems.  Find a good psychiatrist and go from there making sure he is aware of all the medication your husband is on.  Throwing an array of SSRI's at your husband all at once is not the answer.  Take care.
I have to say that I would be concerned with this approach, also.  These are very similar meds and are not generally used together.  Make sure your Doc is reading history and that you are filling them at the same pharmacy.  Unless you reach a maximum dose without benefit there is no reason to add others.  Maybe he's checking the Celexa and plans on weaning off the others if there is improvement.  Good luck!
Each of those medications have different chemical effects. One brings up seratonin . The other dopamine. If you have an imbalance in both you will need both