Anxiety Community
Chest, Throat and Breathing

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Chest, Throat and Breathing

Can anyone advise me regarding the symptoms which I have been having?

I experience a constant feeling of tension and discomfort in my chest and throat. I also get intermittent globus sensation (fullness in throat) and an odd discomfort in my jaws - not exactly pain but a feeling that they are aching almost like the feeling one gets in the jaws after running, like blood rushing to them .I also have some breathing issues i.e. lots of sighing, can't take deep breath, irregular breathing pattern, overbreathing, air-hunger, over-concentration on breathing, nose-breathing is uncomfortable etc.

It feels as though all my symptoms centre around the area that runs from my chest up to my throat and jaws.

It's taking over my life.

Can anyone with similar experience help or provide advice/guidance?
Since you have posted here I gather you suspect it's anxiety?
The symptoms could be anxiety but they could be something else.
Have you discussed them with your doctor?
Do you feel anxious?  Have you gone thru something stressful recently?
Sorry for answering a question with questions.
My guess is that your symptoms are from anxiety but let a professional tell you for sure.
Good luck
I haven't been. Does it sound like anxiety? What tests could they do to check?

It's the jaw pain that worries me most because I associate it with heart attacks.
As usual, ecg to check ur heart ryhtm and heart rate,chest xray and some blood test too
I tend to think that if it were anxiety you'd know it.
What made you come to the Anxiety Forum?  There must have been some indication that it's anxiety....
If you haven't yet, get a good physical exam.  Discuss these symptoms with the doc..
Anxiety effects people in many different ways.  Your symptoms are common, but they are common to other illnesses as well.
Since you don't seem to be experiencing anxiety there is no sense taking chances.
For some people, symptoms like yours are the only thing they get from anxiety and many will even deny being anxious even when it's diagnosed.  That maked getting treatment and sticking with it even more difficult.
So go to a doc you respect and trust and let them point you in the right direction.
thank you MMahon
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
16 mins ago
melimeli commented on melimeli's status
mishymoshymarcy Sometimes the things that a... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms