Anxiety Community
Chest/Neck Tightness and Breathing Problems?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I keep getting this feeling of tightness in between two of my ribs. It keeps going away and coming back, and it's driving me nuts! This feeling just started a couple of hours ago. I've also been having some intermittent tightness in my breastbone. It's not quite as annoying, though. Also, my chest feels sore when I press on it in certain places, but it makes the tightness go away when I do it. Sometimes I get pain without touching my chest. The muscles in my neck feel really tense and sore in places. It's a little bit hard for me to bend my neck as well.
The breathing problems I've been having are difficult to describe. It feels like I'm not breathing correctly or something. Yesterday, I started taking Claritin-D 24 hour pills for hay fever. I can breathe through my nose now, but it just feels weird to do so. It's like I'm not getting enough air. I don't get like that when I breathe through my mouth.
I have severe anxiety and panic disorder that isn't helped by medicine. Could this be causing my symptoms, or does it sound like something else?
One more thing - I can't go to the doctor about this because I don't have one at the moment, and my parents can't afford to pay out a bunch of money to take me to an urgent care clinic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This could be caused from anxiety. It sounds to me like you may have a couple of ribs out of place and a Chiropractor would be able to help you.
Paxiled commented on SOY
Shane1997 commented on A very inspiring colu...
Jade59 commented on breezytoo's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms