Anxiety Community
Cipralex (Lexapro) Withdrawal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cipralex (Lexapro) Withdrawal

I have taken 5 mg Cipralex (Lexapro, Escitalopram) for 6 days but I am stopping because I cannot deal with the side effects. Am I likely to develop any type of withdrawal symptoms after such a short period of time on the medication? I experienced withdrawal symptoms when weaning off Paxil three years ago.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hi, i dont think it will have withdrawal symptoms over such a short period, but all the same, please do check with your doc.
Blank
595887_tn?1274213592
If you do not mind me asking. What are the side effects you are having?
Usually the side effects continue for 2 weeks then settle. It might be a good idea
to tell you doctor you want to come of of them. I do know with my doctor he
said to plod on an keep taking them...
Blank
Extreme drowsiness, stomach cramps, lethargy. nausea, bloating, dry mouth, jaw clenching. The worst was that I felt like a zombie - there was no way I could function at home, let alone at work. In fact, I can barely remember what I did in those six days on the drug. I know that side effects normally subside and I know I didn't give it enough time but I would rather be alert and panicky. I personally think my doctor was too quick to prescribe the medication - I was in and out of his office in 7 minutes. My panic is sporadic, anywhere from once a day to once every two weeks. I don't think that it warrants a drug like Cipralex.
Blank
i went on cipralex august 2007, and i just went off them 9 days ago, i gained 55 pounds, i was sleeping all the time, didnt have much energy. they helped my panic attacks. now that im off of them im super dizzy ive lost 5 pounds in 9 days, i dont crave bad foods anymore, but i cry a lot, just wondering if it normal to feel so dizzy? and how long does it last for?
Blank
I am coming off cipralex and I am soooo itchy especially my hands and neck. Has anyone had this withdrawal symptom? If so what can be done about it. Hand cream doesnt help.
Blank
I have been off Cipralex completely for about 2 weeks now after not doing the weaning thing properly and I feel terrible = all of a sudden in the last 2 days i have had the most horrible itchy all over feeling - cant sleep coz i itch constantly and it feels as if my whole body from top to bottom is sunburnt!  Does anyone know how long these symptom will last?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
12 mins ago
Blank
0321cja commented on Long standing dry mou...
1 hr ago
Blank
joihn joined this community
Welcome them!
9 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
358304_tn?1395085884