Anxiety Community
Cipralex and DL-Phenylalanine

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Cipralex and DL-Phenylalanine

Can someone tell me if taking these too things are safe.. Im on cipralex and just taking the other for dopramine of the brain to get back to normal....Maybe question sound weird but I need to ask. If so has anyone had any luck with the DL-Phenylalanine??

Wings
Both are a form of an SSRI, so, I would be careful about taking them together. Here is a little info on the Phenylalanine.

Phenylalanine
Overview:
Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid (building block for proteins in the body). It is essential to human health but cannot be manufactured by the body. For this reason, phenylalanine must be obtained from food. It is available in three chemical forms, including L-phenylalanine (the natural form of phenylalanine found in proteins throughout the body), D-phenylalanine (a mirror image of L-phenylalanine that is synthesized in a laboratory), and DL-phenylalanine, a combination of the previous two forms.

The body converts phenylalanine into tyrosine, another amino acid essential for making proteins, brain chemicals including dopamine and norepinephrine, and thyroid hormones. Symptoms of phenylalanine deficiency include confusion, lack of energy, depression, decreased alertness, decreased memory, and diminished appetite.

On the other hand, a rare metabolic disorder called phenylketonuria (PKU) occurs in people who are missing an enzyme that is needed to properly metabolize phenylalanine, causing high levels of phenylalanine in the body. Symptoms of PKU, which tend to appear between 3 and 6 months of age, include eczema, developmental delay, an abnormally small head, and hyperactivity. If it is not treated before 3 weeks of age, PKU can cause severe, irreversible mental retardation. In the United States, newborns are tested for PKU during the first 48 - 72 hours of life.

People with PKU must eat a phenylalanine-restricted, tyrosine-supplemented diet to have optimum brain development and growth.

I have taken DL Phenylalanine, for me, it really did not do a thing, but it helps a lot of folks, it is pretty popular.
mishymoshymarcy If you think you've tried y... Comment
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
Apr 30
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Apr 30
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms