Anxiety Community
Clicking sound in ear when swallowing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Clicking sound in ear when swallowing

when i was laying down last night to go to bed....i swallowed and it sounded like little pop rocks ( u no the candy) in my ear.....but it never happens during the day and it doesnt happen every night....could this just be ear wax??? or do you think it could be fluid or an eustraain tube problem??? someone please help!!
Geez.........relax, OK? It probably IS just ear wax. You do NOT have an ear tumor. I'd say that if it doesn't resolve itself in about a week, then maybe a visit to your doctor is in order. You can try one of those OTC ear wax removal kits and see if that helps. If not, it's my guess that you have EXCESSIVE wax build-up which only a doctor or RN should attempt to remove. And remember..........never stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear!
Peace
Greenlydia  
Both my ears click/pop every time I swallow. Dont worry about it at all!!!!!
thanks for responding.....i think it is ear wax it only happens at night when im laying on that ear soo i think its that...and it never happens during the day...idk i just hope its not fluid or something!
And even IF it IS fluid, they can do something about that as well. You are worrying yourself far too much, Sweetie!
You'll be fine.
Peace
Greenlydia
but you dont think it is fluid right...from what i have said?? what do u think? i no im a major worrier but im trying haha its hard
I have the same issue. Do you have any allergies? Try taking a Benadryl or two 20 min. before you lay down for bed.  As far as an RN only removing things from your ear,  load of ********, in case you were wondering.  Clean your ears out with Hydrogen Peroxide.  Lay down on your bed, take a cotton ball and soak it in HP, squeeze the cotton ball over your ear so it trickles down into your outer ear and all over your eardrum and such, let it fizzle for anywhere from 8 - 15 min. or longer - there is no set amount of time - just whenever it stops fizzling, then drain it out like you would water in your ear from a pool, shower, etc., next do your other ear the same way and that is that.  You should be able to hear better as well.  Another thing to try is the "Neti Pot".  You can buy them at many retail stores such as Wallgreens, Walmart, Kmart, CVS Pharmacy, etc.  To save time I won't explain how to do it, just go buy one from there and read the instructions and or ask the pharmacist.  Just make sure to buy the 100% pure non-iodized salt for the nasal rinse. It will clean out your nose and your sinuses and help clear your eustachian tube.

All this combined in one day is what I do to help get rid of that annoying little clicking sound.  Which is actually a small amount of air pressure that is trying to escape through your ears.  Under normal circumstances it escapes just fine and you don't even notice.  When aggravated, inflamed, or clogged is when you notice the clicking sound you are referring to.  Which is trapped air popping out as it tries to find a way to escape the clogged canal!
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on photo
1 hr ago
LovemyKids86 My grandpa passed away this... Comment
1 hr ago