Clonazepam and Cymbalta??
Hello all. I was just recently switched from my old medication, Lexapro, to Clonazepam. I had been on Lexapro for 9 years and felt it was no longer helping me. I have been having panic attacks for the first time in my life. I have had to call 911 a few times this past year. I now know that it is panic attacks. I have a history of severe hypertension. So, the stress and anxiety just adds to that. My doctor put me on Clonazepam 0.5 mg. 3X daily. I started taking it on January 15. It has helped tremendously. I have only had a couple of mild panic attacks; but they went away after a couple of minutes. My heart slowed down and I did not have to call 911 :)   My doctor also gave me some samples of Cymbalta 30mg.  I have not yet started on it. My question is are they safe to take together? What about side affects? I do not like the dizziness and weird ear "sounds" that I am getting on the Clonazepam.  Also, I am currently on medication for thyroid(Levothyroxin) as well as blood pressure(Cozaar), and Propoxypnen-APAP 100-650MG(for my spinal pain). Should I start on the Cymbalta? Will it interact with my other medication? I really want to go off of the Clonazepam.   Thank You.
Clonazepam and Cymbalta are safe together and are often prescribed together.  But if you're getting weird symptoms from the clonazepam, you should contact your doctor about this and ask him how to taper off. You need to take something for the panic attacks, so going back to your doctor is advisable to determine if maybe the Cymbalta alone is the way to go.  You should be able to trust your doctor to not prescibe anything for you that will interact with any other medications you may be taking.  If you don't, you need to find another doctor.  Your pharmacist will alert you also if there is an interaction.  It's best to work closely with your doctor on your medications and dosages, we aren't doctors and cannot tell you how to take your medications.  We can only share our personal experiences.
I put my reservations aside and took the Cymbalta. The problem now is I am only using the samples(30 mg.).  It does not say how many times a day to take it.
Well, I started on the Cymbalta and can say that it has been like a godsend to me. I have had no panic attacks and am feeling much like my old self, again. Thank you for your help.
You should take the Cymbalta only once a day. I'm glad to hear your doing well on it. Take care. Remar