Anxiety Community
Clonazepam dosage-help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Clonazepam dosage-help!

Since I have bad anxiety and insomnia, my psych insists that I take my full dose of clonazepam 1.25mg all at night and he says that it will keep me covered for the next day, too. I've only been taking it for 3 days and I'm not sure if it's built into my blood serum yet. Anybody out there taking only 1 daily dose and keep anxiety at bay?
Please, anybody....
i take clonazepam and it reacts differently depending on how severe your anxiety is. if im super anxious at night i take .5mg and it keeps me covered in the night and il have to take another one in the morning. however if i take 2 .5mg at night (which sometimes i have becuase my anxiety was over the roof) i am usually good until midday the next day. so i think that 1.25 of clonazepam will keep you covered. it all depends on how anxious you are at that time. hope this helps :)
well, i was feeling like jelly( too relaxed) till about 3pm and i've been having some anxiety since. do you think i should start taking it twice a day?
talk to your doctor, if your feeling too sedated then its too much, maybe take .5mg twice a day that usually does the trick for me! :)
Clonazepam is virtually always dosed b.i.d. (twice a day) and sometimes t.i.d. (three times per day)
In my Prentice Hall Nurse's Drug Guide that we use at the hospital, it states under Administration:
Panic Disorder: PO (by mouth) 1-2mg/day in DIVIDED doeses. Give largest dose at bedtime if daily dose cannot be EQUALLY DIVIDED.

Bottom line is that none of us are doctors on this forum and we cannot tell you how to dose your meds. Your doctor is the only one qualified to change your dosing schedule. If you are finding that you're too sedated during the day or that the current dose is not holding you for 24 hours, you need to discuss this with the perscriber. That you've only been taking it for 3 days needs to be noted. Clonazepam can take up to 4 weeks (or longer) to reach therapeutic levels.

For more information, consult your pharmacist. They are DOCTORS of pharmacology and know how meds are suppose to be dosed.
I wish you luck.
Peace
Greenlydia  
specialmom Wishing someone would come... Comment
1 hr ago
CRSeaside 2015. God,reliance on self.... Comment
barryp1 commented on Why You Might Have A ...