Anxiety Community
Cold left foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Cold left foot

I recently was tested for MS and found out that I have spinal stenosis of the cervical spine. For the past three years I felt like my body was falling apart. I would have weird burning feelings on my thighs and the top of my left foot. Now my left leg feels cold, the doctor said this can't be from the c spine and ordered a lumbar MRI. That came back normal. So again I am trying to figure out what is going on.
My brain and spine MRI didn't have any signs of MS so the doc just said you don't have it. I wish I felt comfortable with his assessment. The MRI didn't use contrast so some say it wouldn't show any recent problems.
I just want to get my life back and feel like I am falling apart.
I'm sorry to hear of your problem(s) and understand your frustration when doctors brush us off.
If you are not comfortable with your doctors assessment and have questions as to why a contrast was not used, and why your left leg is still cold, I would most definitely get in touch with him and have him explain these issues in far greater detail for you. I'd also ask what he planed to do about your left leg. That the LP came back neg. is great, as that rules out many things, but your leg is cold for a reason and he needs to figure out what that is. To just cut you lose does not seem right to me.
Talk with your doctor, and if I was in your shoes, I would be looking for a second opinion.
Have you been to the MS Forum here? I'm not suggesting you have MS, but those folks would be able to give you information I can't. They could, in fact, put your mind at rest.
I wish you the very best and that you find your answer.
Please let us know how you're doing, OK?
Peace
Greenlydia  
CRSeaside commented on photo
1 hr ago
CRSeaside commented on photo
1 hr ago
Jade59 commented on photo
1 hr ago