Combination of alcohol & medications
I am concerned about how bad the following combination is:

Nadolol + Zoloft + Alcohol

I have been prescribed Nadolol for migraines, Zoloft for anxiety/depression and I am suppose to take both daily. I have drastically decreased the amount of alcohol consumption I intake compared to how much I consumed when I was younger.

I do like to have a glass of wine or two on the weekends on occasion and I am wondering how bad it is for me considering the medications I am on.

I know it sounds silly and most people are probably thinking "well you shouldnt drink at all" so if you are on medication is it not ok to have an occasional drink?

Insight/comments much appreciated....
Namaste,

You're absolutely right. The most common answer would be that you shouldn't drink at all and the side effects of Zoloft can be enhanced with alcohol consumption, whereas with Nadolol they recommend not consuming any alcohol because it can cause drowsiness.

Remember, some of these warning are placed there primarily to protect the manufacturer from lawsuits.

You're old enough to make your own decisions about your alcohol consumption. I would only recommend that if you choose to drink, do so to a minimum because it can cause problems.

Michael
Alcohol can also decrease the effectiveness of some forms of medication. Making them not work at all. There's a little something else to think about.