Anxiety Community
Coming off of Klonopin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coming off of Klonopin

Hello,

I have been on between .125 mg - .25 mg Klonopin (mostly .125 mg before bed) for 5 months now and would like to come off.  Is this a low dose that I can just stop?  How long will my withdrawel last?  Thank you!
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
349780_tn?1309637558
I wouldn't just stop. Have a word with your doctor and work out a time table of sorts for coming off of it. Just so you don't experience any withdrawls. Better safe than sorry. It has been in your system for some time. Your body is used to it by now. No just suddenly stopping it. That may only make you worse. Just break it down bit by bit over a period of time. One worked out with your doctor. That will get you safely off of it.
Blank
You will have to wean off Klonopin gradually....I agree with Mr.Green...it is best with your doctor's guidence just in case if you experience any undesirable side effects.  Check online 'Klonopin withdrawal"....http://www.drugs.com more than likely have the information you'll need.   Hugs.
Blank
I got off klonopin a few years ago after being on it for a year. I loved it but it was time for me to get off of it. I started cutting down my dose (with the help of my doctor) by half of the pill every two weeks. The key is to be very gradual about it. I got bad heart palpitations while getting off of it so just go slow and talk to your doctor before you do it.
Blank
If you were taking an average of 1/8 mg (0.125 mg) of Klonopin only at night, the drug did not accumulate in your system. Given that 1/8th of a milligram is the lowest possible dosage that this drug can be divided into, there is nothing lower. Therefore, the answer to your question is an obvious yes. So long as you has approval from your physician, you can simply discontinue the drug without incident. There would be no withdrawal at this dosage level (nor would there be any efficacy).

Placebo effect. Nothing more at this dosage level. Minimum effective dosage for Klonopin is 1/4 mg (equivalent to 2.5 milligrams of Valium) - twice daily.
Blank
thanks for all of the advice.  had you taken it every day for a year, what dosage?  any other withdrawels aside from palpitations?  i am just having a little bit of trouble sleeping.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on opus88's status
1 min ago
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on photo
1 hr ago