Anxiety Community
Constant Panic | Constant Anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Constant Panic | Constant Anxiety

Is there anyone else on this planet that suffers from constant anxiety and panic attacks?  Recently, I've gone from 5-7 hour panic attacks during the day, maybe once a week, to waking up with panic attacks from my sleep almost every single day. After taking Klonopin and benedryl (which is great for panic attacks because it puts you to sleep), I cannot seem to find a remedy for my increasing panic/anxiety.  More recently it is heart pounding, weakness, nausea, feeling out of touch with reality...and this is from the time I wake up from the time I go to bed, if I even make it to bed without having a panic attack from all the symptoms throughout the day! I've never had tests done, just antidepressants thrown at me.  One month ago, they gave me 10mg of Celexa.  After one pill I had panic attacks for 3 days, then crashed for 15 hours straight from exhaustion.  Whenever I have a stressful situation, as I recently did, all of the above is amplified by 10!  
I do not feel safe driving, I feel as if none of my therapists are helping me and I've had terrible luck with psychs in my area for the past 2 years. Has anyone ever considered a group home or constant day to day therapy with others? I don't even know if these things exists, but man it'd be great if they did!  
These symptoms and, well, my daily life, is a daily struggle. I can't work, eat, sleep or walk to the mailbox without being afraid of my heart pounding too much or falling out in the middle of the street.  No work = no money = stress.  Terrible cycle. I really wish something could just end it!  HELP!!!
There are many of us that are either going through the same thing, or have went through the same thing. It sounds like Celexa was not the med for you. You do have to know that many of these meds can come with side effects, especially in the first few weeks. Can you say what other meds you've tried? Have you ever tried a combo of meds to see if that helps?
I've been on almost every medication you can imagine. Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa, Lithium, Prozac, you name it. The only meds that haven't effected me negatively are things like Klonopin or xanax.   I can't seem to find a really good doctor. I have a general doc I see but she won't treat any part of my anxiety - would rather me seek a psych.  Trouble is, in my area, the best psych I had died last year, and I've been searching for a good one ever since. Last I had I paid a butt load for the apt, he gave me Celexa which was also expensive, and the pill was not for me and he ended up leaving the therapy center I go to, thus another bad experience with Psychologists.  I am really wanting to find a doc that acts like they care instead of just throwing meds at me.  It really feels that way
mishymoshymarcy sitting here in the darknes... Comment
30 mins ago
ashler1977 commented on ashler1977's status
31 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy commented on This is for you Grand...
38 mins ago