Anxiety Community
Constant Urination due to anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Constant Urination due to anxiety

ok,this is kinda awkward,but i need to fix it so thats why im on here.I'm a male teenager in highschool,and i've had this problem ever since entering 7th grade.Every hour after class i have to pee,and so i go to the restroom and then im out of there onto my next class.The last couple years i thought,well i've got a weak bladder,but i can manage.However,last year it got significantly worse.I  had to fake illness to get out of my final exam(we're not allowed to use the bathrooms during this;each exam is 2 hours long) so i could use the restroom.And this year its only gotten worse.It's the third day of school,and i've already had 2 'emergencies' so i could use the restroom.The wierd thing is though,is that whenever i get up to leave my class and im in the hallway,i hardly have to go anymore.And when i pee im getting a trickle,it's barely enough to make a sound.

I think though is that i get worried about having to use the bathroom,and this worry actually increases me having to go.This morning I was so nervous about having to use the bathroom I almost threw up,i gagged almost a dozen times sitting there in english.It's strange though,in classes that have a bathroom in it or shorter half hour classes,im fine,totally at ease.But when its an hour long class or more i panic,and struggle to hold out.I believe its just a sympton from anxiety,but i could be wrong about this.Anyone have any clues and or remedies?
Frequent urination is a symptom of anxiety.  However, I wouldn't just assume that is what it is.  Have you spoken to your parents about this?  I think you should go see your dr and get a physical just to rule out anything else.

I also suggest that you speak to a therapist.  I know that is a big step but they are there to help you.  They can teach you coping skills and other techniques to help you overcome this.

When it comes to anxiety there really is no remedy to fix it.  The road to recovery is different for everyone.  

Please talk to your parents so you can get the help you need to get better.  Lots of luck....
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
38 mins ago
Paxiled commented on The Dark Side of ...
HollowFeelings joined this community
Welcome them!