Anxiety Community
Crying Spells

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Crying Spells

Gang, today was a bad day.  I woke up anxious (mornings in general are rotten for me) -- and kinda was that way all day.  At lunch at went to me car and listened to a relaxation tape.  Seemed to help -- however, toward the afternoon became anxious again.  When I drove him through traffic I kept thinking if I'll ever get back to the person I was before all this occurred?  I kept replaying this in my mind -- dwelling on the negative -- to the point that I just started crying and could not stop.  It must have gone on for an hour or so.  So, I'm curious -- does this happen to any of you.  Thanks!

PS -- How do we stop this if it starts?
PPS -- I'm currently not taking an SSRI and am seriously considering now.  I take an Ativan when needed -- but typicaly that is not very often -- as I don't want to get addicted to the drug.
I haven't been following your posts, so I don't exactly know your situation.  However, I had crying spells when my anxiety started last Fall.  I would get emotional very easily. I cried everywhere, at home, at the market, at the doctor's office, you name it.   I also dwelled on the negative and still do.  I can't tell you if my crying spells were a result of anxiety or depression.  I just hated the way I felt everyday.  I felt like a completely different person than I was before my healthscare which occurred last July.  I couldn't enjoy life and always had a dreadful feeling like I was doomed to get some horrible disease and I would die and have to leave my family.  The fear consumed me.  Mornings were also the worst for me and still suck now but not as bad.  I think this is typical of anxiety sufferers.  Last Fall, I would wake up in the mornings and feel very scared and start bawling.  Lately, when I wake up, I feel anxious, my chest feels a little tight and I'm a little short of breath.  I have no energy in the mornings.  

So don't feel so bad, you are not the only one.  I'm not sure what more I can write to you because I don't know the details of your situation.  I think you might be experiencing a mixture of anxiety and depression but only a therapist can confirm that.  At any rate, I hope things get better for you.  

I have anxiety and depression,  I cry alot right out of the blue it's terrible..... My mind races so much and I just start crying won't stop.......When Im scared I think so much......Your not the only one........Im here for you...
Thanks for your post!  God, it is nice to know I'm not the only one going through this.  Are you on an antidepressant?  Does anything help you wtih your crying spells?  I used to only get them infrequentlyl -- but now it is almost a daily afternoon routine.  Thanks!
Bip, what do you do to try to lessen these cying spells?  It is just awful.  Are you currently on an antidepressant?
No antidepressant as of yet.  I mainly suffer from hypochondria, which is very closely related to anxiety.  I developed GAD last summer after my healthscare.  I am afraid of antidepressants.  I would rather try other things first.  Regarding Celexa, I was on it a long time ago for a little more than a month.  I can't tell you if it helped cuz I wasn't on it for long enough. Also, back then I did not suffer from anxiety and my hypochondria was under control.  I suffered from some depression.  I will tell you though, if the doctor did not, you will go through an adjustment period with Celexa.  It only lasted about a week for me.  However, I could not sleep at all that first week and my mind was racing.  After that, I felt fine.  So maybe it will work out for you.  

I don't have crying spells anymore.  That happened last Fall when all this started.  Try not to worry about that too much though.  Crying is a good way to let go of all the pent up emotions inside you.  I don't mind a good cry once in awhile.

Best.
I´m a 34 year-old man who´s a got a lovely family. However, looks may be deceiving. At night. when the day is over, I have crying spells. Depression, anxiety, sadness, you choose the possible cause.
Have a very good job, nice home, healthy family but still cry at night.
You´re not alone my friend. Hang tight and grit your teeth while wishing for tomorrow...
Keep taking your pills. I take Epival and Wellbutrin. It helps. But sometimes, out of the blue, there´s me again. The hopeless one and the lonely one.

Stay strong.
With anxiety, I have found that depression comes along as well.  However, anxiety is primary for me.  The crying spells I get in the morning moreso and recently.  I attribute mine to the perimenopause period (www.womentowomen.com)...as these symptoms can start as early as in your 30s!  

I would say the crying sensation is due to the nerves being rattled.  In a previous post someone stated that they wake up crying with tight chest...that's anxiety...I get that as well.  I take Ativan...and it works wonders...it brings me back to being me.  I too developed anxiety after injuring my back last January.
hi have not seen you on in long time . guess your doing great with your anxiety. hows life been treating you . how are the boys and your sweet dog. good to see you . Barbara
i am seriously depressed and have mood swings badly. I cry a lot. I am a male. I have been this way for months and years. I took meds. They worsened the situation and had bad side effects. Medicine is not for everyone.
I feel I am the only one in the world who feels this way. My job stresses me out and I don't have friends. I am very shy and get anxious around lots of people. I took anti anxiety meds, that didn't do anything.

I am not shy at home or when I am alone. Only in groups,crowds, social events.
I had a crying spell today... infront of my mother and wife and brother... my mom was telling me that "I just need to get over it... and quit thinking about my anxiety... and it will go away"... and my brother told her "mom, I know you are trying to understand him, but it's just not that easy"... and I started crying... saying "Mom, if there were a switch in my brain, I'd turn this feeling off right away... but it doesnt work that way..."

I'm currently not on any medication... used to take lexapro for about 6 months... thinking if my anxiety doesnt leave soon, im gonna head back to the Dr. to get back on it...

My anxiety started a few days ago... I started worrying about the side of my head hurting when i closed my mouth after I yawned... obviously it was a little TMJ symptom.

That has seem to gone away... but now I have a stiff neck... and it just won't relax... even after a massage...

I keep thinking negative thoughts.. b/c ive never had symptoms of TMJ before... and I'm getting headaches from my neck being so stiff and sore... that I'm convincing myself I might have a tumor or something...

I know thinking there is a tumor in my neck or head is irrational... so I "REALLY DONT THINK THAT"... but I can't help to think about it from time to time...

I just want the stiffness to go away... I understand your anxiety pain... you will feel better again...

If you need to, go to the Dr. and get on a little something. It can help. =)
Therapy is good too!

Good luck.

ps: I find that it is good to cry when you have these spells... b/c it is obviously releasing emotion... emotion that is possibly causing the problem?.... or just emotion from feeling so crappy... ya know...

hang in there! =)
I have to say that I agree about the crying, is so far as it's a good release of pent up frustrations, but I do understand the misery of not being in control of your own emotions.
It's weird, the conection between hypochondria and anxiety, and how one can cause the other, and they realy do go hand in hand...I have severe anxiety issues in my family, and hypochondria was the trigger for almost everyone of us, me included. But for friends of mine who have suffered from anxiety, they only started worrying about health issues once the anxiety manifested...they are kind of inseperable for a lot of people, I think.
and Shannon: there is no shame in trying meds...they help a lot of people, and you really should seek the help of both a therapist/psychiatrist and your primary care physician. You don't have to run from the problem.
Let us know how you are doing.
I too have experieced the same thing for almost three years now.  I share the same sentiments.  How old were you "ladies" when this started?

DM
I'm crying right now.  I have been dealing with a general anxiety disorder for a couple years now.  The tension constantly builds and I feel guilty all the time, and this morning I googled "guilt" and the firs thing I found was someone syaing "It's an awful feeling" and I just started crying.  That was like an hour ago.  There's snot and tears all over my stupid laptop.  I wish it would go away.  I'm too embarrassed to go lay by my friends, but I wish I wasn't because they like to comfort me.
Reading these posts are really helpful to me as funny as it may sound. I felt like I was the only one having these crying outbursts. Somedays I have crying spells and anxiety so much that I cannot even bring myself to go to work. Mostly its when I have to travel for work but somedays for no reason at all. I am in my early 30s have a good job, wonderful husband, nice home everything in the world going for me yet i feel so lost sometimes. I have been on Paxil for a while now and I am seriously considering having my doctor switch. I tried therapy but it seem like too much. I am now considering group therapy.
I had a really bad one yesterday, for most of the afternoon. Like others, my thoughts were out of control, I kept thinking about how my life isn't what I want it to be, and feeling that I was headed for a failure and despair.

For background, I'm a few months away from graduating from a master's program (ironically, in counseling) and have pretty much always been stressed when it comes to job hunting.

Doesn't help that I was laid off from one job last fall, got a new job within weeks but was fired two months later. Plus, all during my internship, for nearly two semesters, my supervisors did their best to crush my self esteem.

I really have no advice on how to break out of crying spells. I took a nap in the middle of mine last night, had to drag myself out of bed around 7pm to get something to eat. I took a second dose of my anti-depressant and got out of the house. Ended up feeling a bit better for the rest of the night.
I just googled this topic and came across this forum.  I am sittinf here crying and, I don't even know why.  I am a mother of 8 (adoptive mom, step mom, and bio mom).  I have it all together the house, the kids the dinners and lunches, eveyone is gone during the day to school (so I should be happy) I have gained so much weight, and i worry all the time about everything! This *****....
I am so sorry about everyone's pain. I had a panic attack a couple of months ago and it was agonizing, I have found a way to beat them naturally without drugs but unfortunately I was perscribed drugs before I figured that out. Anti-depressants are not the way to go everyone, they will just cover up your symptoms. I am off them now but always break down and cry because I just want the life I used to have back and I still believe...........EVERYONE please keep your head up and please know that it wont last forever......and whatever you do, stay off of PAXIL, it is poison!!!!!
oh boy, alot to take in and discuss.
me: male 39 years old, have 2 great children 6 years and 1.5 years old. Good job, but very stressful w/ a new boss. i find him to be all ******** and cant take him serious.
Anyway, i was on lexapro for 5 months and got off it cause i was losing weight and it wasn't helping w/ the anxiety. Made me manic almost. Switched to Wellbutrin XL. first week great, than increased to 300xl for second week. ALL hell broke loose. Had bad heart flips. Went back to 150mgs and heart is good. I also got the brand name stuff. After 2 weeks after the 300xl (and second week on brand name wellbutrin xl 150mgs) i am having sadness and crying spells, mostly in the mornings. Afternoon and evenings I'm great, normal. This is a first for me. Normally i have anxiety in the mornings, BUT i always felt great while at home, especially on weekends. But this Saturday morning, i weeped. I haven't weeped like that since my brother passed away in 1992.
I am trying to understand my thinking and what is causing it. Could it be the medication? I was also on an antibiotic for a sinus infection, could that have caused it?
Anyone who has experienced crying spells and got through it, or has similar situations please email me anytime: ***@****
this helped me so much...im having a crying spell right now i'm 20 years old and was just recently "officially" diagnosed with anxiety that ive been suffering with for years. lately the crying is out of control i cry almost everyday i feel guilty and stressed and sad and scared everyday. no one i talk to about my anxiety takes it seriously. one of my roommates takes xanax but she talks about her anxiety/depression like its not a big deal so its hard for me to talk to her when mine is such a huge strain on my life because she assumes everyone is as mildly affected as she is. no one else seems to understand how crushing anxiety is and what i feel and how much i feel like i've lost myself. i feel so out of control and i just want to be myself again. my bf tells me im a "strong person" and i can make it through this but that makes me cry more because it just shows how much he doesnt understand what this feels like. no one seems to understand how big this is. i just started lexapro but the doc says it takes 2-4 weeks to work so im taking clonopin until then. any thoughts on those meds? reading everyones posts made me feel less like a crazy person and more like this is manageable and happens to other people im so happy (as happy as i can be while im bawling) to know that there are people who understand exactly what this feels like.
I suffer from crying spells and anxiety as well as most of you in here do. I can tell you that theres a few things you can do spiritually and physically that help but depending on your faith, and how well you can maintain through it and trust in the Lord...your results will differ. I found out in the beginning of 2007 I had ulcerative colitis and immediately started taking fiber supplements, hydrocortisione suppositories, then led to asacol....an antiflammatory drug for the colon but gradually got off of it. I went to a healing at our Church of God one day and I promise you my symptoms were more than cut in half since that day. That was about 2 years ago. My anxiety came about around 2008 and I had no freaking idea what was going on the first time I had one. Actually the first one I had was in 2007 when I had a bad UC flare up, but I just didnt know what it was. Almost killed me too cuz I got too dehydrated. Anyhow, after several trips to the ER and many many nights with no sleep and loosing lots of work, they diagnosed me with sever anxiety. The only two things I found that worked were reading scriptures out loud to the enemy from the Bible rebuking satan away from my mind, and then taking my ativan before I went to bed. And yes that combination works perfectly. Sometimes God allows us to undergo these things my brothers and sisters, so that we will come back to Him and yearn for His power. We are merely lost babies without Him and theres no way you, me, or any health care professional can save you from death in the end....Only Jesus Christ who paid the price and overcame death and hell itself for us all. Without His existence we would be royally screwed and I mean BIG TIME. Once you cry out for Jesus on your death bed and you are saved like I did, then you cannot deny His power. None of us are promised tomorrow so have faith in Jesus when the dark hour of your troubles approaches you. Now, as far as the other part I was going to talk about.....Ok, instead of taking antidepressants, which I dont because they dont work, they just make me feel like a zombie, I have found out something better even though it may be a controversial issue. (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) I recently went to my endocrinologist and she ran a neuroscreen transmitter test on me and I am low in Test. That can cause all sorts of problems being low in that of course, and I feel like God led me to that office I honeslty had a great feeling about going. The nurses and doctors were more than over extremely nice, that was my hint. Anyhow Im still waiting for my appointment next week to find out if/when Im starting the testosterone therapy. It can work wonders and give you your life back again I hear. And Im ready :)   By the way Im only 28 lol Yea I been through alot both physically and spiritually
I really liked your post.  I too have had a similar experience.  I got this bug and started reading the bible and felt wonderful!!  But then some things came up, mainly loosing my house and moving back in with my parents, that I was unable to read my bible and go to church.  They don't believe in the Bible and it feels like they are constantly belittleing me when I talk about it.  Ever since then, I've been getting worse.  I am actually going to ask my boyfriends mom if I can go to church with her.  Now that is someone who is completely faithful!  She suffered from a stroke about a seven years ago which put her in a coma and she was pronounced dead for awhile, and she just tells me to keep my faith strong.  Now that's someone who has it bad, she still hasn't fully recovered and she still keeps a positive outlook!  And everytime I see her she tells me that she is praying for me because she knows about anxiety, she used to be a nurse.  It never hurts to try something new!
Im 20 and a male. I take zoloft and yesterday had tingling in my face numbness in my toes and hand and one thing led to anothter and i felt like i have MS which was irrational to think but from that moment on i couldnt stop thinking and convinving myself of other symptoms of MS and my anxiety scale was shooting up fast. It culminated  at night after i smoked a small ammount of marijuana i came inside and sat down. Shortly thereafter i had my first PANIC ATTACK of fairly extreme measure. my body was burning up, heart pounding, whole body going numb and then it stopped after i stood up and shook it all outta me. went upstairs and sat down and it started happeniung again. I had to get my mom and dad and tell them to help me i was conviinced at the time it was from a disease MS (multiple sclerosis) that I had only heard of that day. My mom had to rub and sooth me to calm myself. I was twitching dry mouth restless miserable. I love moms though they really can soothe you. THe only way to fall asleep was from my dads ambien. Woke up today. Feeling a little better. I had nothing to do, tho, so as the day went on i was still feeling tingling in my face and feet so my anxiety roared up again making the tingles worse which i couldnt once again help but think was a more serious disease. So i spent my day dweelling on possible causes which made me more scared more nervous more anxious. Well, tonight, right now as im typing, culminated in crying for no apparent reason for the first time in my life. just uncontrollable. what eased that was coming on here and reading your guyss stories. I think i need to see a doctor and get a new medication. zoloft has been a seemingly useless up to this point. and ideas for someone like me with anxiety pouring outta my ***? im struggling bad for the first time. please comment/help/sympathize ugh. best to all of you. PS. alot of u mention ativa? how is that?
I am a 33yr old male and have suffered from GAD for the past five years.  I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes just prior to the anxiety and feel that the diabetes diagnosis has a lot to do with the anxiety.  I was also found to have a severe vitamin D difficiency.  What is strange is that I will have periodic minor episodes of anxiety throughout the year, but between the months of January and February, I am a basketcase for about a two week period.  I am currently going through it and it just makes no sense at all.  I wake up every morning worried and thinking the worst.  With my anxiety, I often have mild chest pain and neck pain and then I begin to wonder if I have a major cardiac problem.  My mind gets the best of me and before I know it I am sobbing and worked up beyond control.  I take 20mg Lexapro and Xanax PRN, but nothing seems to be helping so far this go round.  Any suggestions out there???  Good luck everyone!
I'm a 27 year-old male. Ten years ago, I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and my therapist prescribed Paxil. For almost nine years, I took 20 mg of Paxil every morning. Paxil really helped me with my anxiety. Before Paxil, my anxiety was severe, to the point where I did not want to go to school or to any public place. I had no friends and my self-esteem was very low. While taking Paxil, I was able to regain my self-confidence. I made friends, I had no problem going out in public and my anxiety attacks disappeared. However, Paxil did have its share of side effects: excessive sweating, and rare spells of dizziness. This was not too much of a problem, but then my doctor asked me if I wanted to try discontinuing this drug, and I agreed. I tapered off Paxil in a year-long period. At first, except for some dizziness, I felt no different and was able to go on with my life without any problems. However, I am now getting anxiety attacks that last for hours. I have no problem going out in public or being sociable, but the things that make a person feel a bit nervous, like speaking in public or giving presentations, trigger anxiety attacks within me, as well as panic attacks (though not too frequently), and a bit of paranoia. To top it off, I've become extremely oversensitive, anything makes me cry now, especially anxiety. I am trying to deal with these symptoms, I don't know if I should go back to taking Paxil. I feel that life was a lot easier back then, as opposed to now. I don't know...
I'm 39 yr old female diagnosed with GAD, I really believe that it is more stress than anxiety. I've been taking Busipirone for little over two months but I feel no real difference.. My stress is caused from having to deal with my 76 yr old father who refuses to take care of himself. Anyway, I keep feeling as if I have a maze in my head and I can't find my way out & now I've started having bouts of crying. I get so frustrated with things and I'm feeling worse not better. I was wondering if anyone else here is taking busipirone and have this problem. I just wonder if I should be on it for stress.
i am in my early thirties. I started having anxiety attacks when i was 27. the first one happened after going off of zoloft. i feel like over time now, they have just gotten worse. I do take ativan, when i feel i am going  to have an attack, but it is not something i can take everyday. and i cry. i have alot on my plate, but sometimes i just don't understand what causes it. Just wake up with it sometimes and then it just gets worse throughout the day. or lately, it has lasted for days. my mind races and races and i worry so much about stupid things. then finally broke down today and cried. do feel a little better. then i'm always exhausted afterwards. gets to the point that i don't want to do things or go outside the house. i just get this terrible fear in my chest and gut. i get so scared. I'm glad to know the ativan will help when i feel i have no other recourse, but i try not to take it cuz it makes me tired. i just pray that it will go away. and i feel like no one really understands unless they go through it themselves. i have tried other meds before, but no luck so far, have bad luck with them actually. anyway, feels good writing about it.
Hi I have read quite a few post try Valproic acid it,s an older drug but it worked for me along with some therapy..Brief Medical History 64 operations 36 broken bones heart attack  2 battles with Cancer cliniclly dead 3 times serious I flat lined three times . But I can say my battle with Anxiety and Depression was the worst I felt like a pin cusion try this try that take these here some samples .
Unreal I admit I thought about taking my life but what good would that do serious your Family and friends would be devistated so please don,t let your Doctor know what,s going on keep a log how you feel day to day when you cry what were thinking of etc .
I know how hard it is but you can never give up you must pick yourself up go for a walk everyday believe me exersise is a huge help YOU HAVE TO FIGHT BACK  NEVER GIVE UP EVER so I hoped this helped try Valproic acid or tegraltol and if you need someone to speak with ***@****
Omg reading these have made me feel so much better, I'm only 16 and i recently started suffering from anxiety. I feel so terrible, my chest is always tight and i get terrible muscle pain in my neck and back. I try so hard to keep my faith in God but sometimes i feel like i need some more help. I was prescribed Apo Alpraz and i'm afraid to take it because of the side effects, i still do and it makes me feel sorta better sometimes but i don't wanna become dependent on it. I miss going to school and going out, sometimes just being home alone gets me worked up and i keep thinking i'll never get over this and i just start crying and crying but then it stops as soon as it starts
I have suffered from depression for many many years, with crying being a constant in my life. I (have tried different meds) and have been on celexa for quite some time now, and it's the only thing that helps me. From time to time I try to lower the dose or to eliminate it altogether and that's when the crying spells always come back. The crying seems "justified" when it occurrs (like I have a good reason for it), but it never fails to show up when I try to "skip" on my medication. It's like I have a lower threshold for pain. So now I know. For all of you sufferers out there, I do feel your pain and I beg you to not suffer alone. Go and get help and consider medication. I have a close friend who suffered for years because she did not want to go on meds, but now that she finally tried it, she feels like a totally new person, and says she had not realized before, what a difference the treatment was going to make for her. Again, I beg of you all to seek help and treatment, it's worth giving it a try.
hi. i literaaly needs to tell this to some one who can help me out of this. i have been facing this a month ago and now here it is back again...i have this severe feeling in my chest as if there is some pressure..the pressure you feel when you are hell scared..tears are coming out of my eyess..i cant control it..
smallest things can make me feel this wat!
i am hating this part, i dont want to tell this to anyone at home atleast!!
today specifically i am feeling this way after since i had a conversation with my mom regarding my friends. she was expressing that she dont like them much. and i must not be friends with them. and after since that i started feeling hell bad!
please this is only one thing..there are many other things upsetting me!!
oh lord some one please help me!!
i cry after high anxiety and can cry for no apparent reason. I have alot of little self talk things that seem to help, This too shall pass is a biggie. and "loose your pact to keep you act intact" I translate this to mean its ok to cry and we make a way bigger deal of every little thing we notice than most people do. others cry and move on, we analyze it. So now i try to just notice and get back to the now. Tolle the power of now is really helpful in this.
I've been crying on and off today...This all started one month ago, after a very nerve ranking dentist appt (I fear dentists). That week I had severe panic attacks. After that week things got better, so now all I have is constant worrying and crying. I'm a female, 18 and college freshman. I commute to college by train and everything is so hard. I am always alone, and I'm starting to lose interest in school. I have irrational fears of never getting a job, never having a family, and just basically becoming a failure. I feel so lost. The only time I am anxiety free is when I am home, with my mom and my family. They put me at ease. If I could, I'd just live in this house forever but I can't, the real world is out there, and it is scaring the living **** out of me.
never thought there were so many people who feel the way i do, anti depressants dont do a thing, i finally resorted to trying eating healthy and going to the gym and it worked for a week and out of the blue its back and i just cry excessively over what seems to be no reason at all most of the time. im scared and feel hopless and helpless... i feel like theres no way out. im not suicidal at all yet i pine over silly things like the world ending then just wish it would happen so i can just have and end to all these emotions. :/
Hello all:

First, I have suffered with anxiety ever since I was a child.  No one ever understood why I would cry in my room for days and no one ever got me help.  It wasn't until my 20's that I tried meds and I didn't like what they did to me.  Then one tragedy after another forced me to go on something at 36 and it helped.  Thinking I was better, I weened off of the Effexor.  However, my new job taking up so much time and my youngest daughter is now exhibiting OCD sent me into a full blown panic attack.  It was like I was screaming inside all the time.  I would cry in shower so my kids wouldn't see me, etc...  I am back on Effexor and 2 weeks in and feeling better.  If I cannot keep my own head straight, how can I help my daughter.  She is seeing a therapist and sees a psychiatrist on the 4th of April.  My oldest has a GAD, as well.  I have been getting her help since she was 13.  Honestly, I am so glad I found these forums, because I have been feeling like crap, thinking about how I let my job cause me to fail my kids, etc... I cannot control everything that goes on around me and if medication helps me to stave off the impending doom feeling then I will suck it up and take it.
Hello, I went through something similar at your age. Just know that you are currently going through a major life change, and that can be very difficult to endure. It is stressful when you come to the point in your life where you have to be in control of your own life instead of having to depend on others (your family) to take care of you. It can feel overwhelming, and panic attacks make the feelings so much worse! For you, there is no "normal" mode of life anymore, so it's natural to want to be back with your family where you life can be predictable and you can be certain of your family's love and acceptance of you. The worst mistake I made at that time was not seeking good psychological help. In time you will make a life of your own and feel great about it, but that will happen later rather than sooner if you can't overcome your anxiety (which you can!). Hang in there, and I hope you are doing better.
I feel better knowing there are others who can relate to debilatating depression. I cry every day and feelings of hopelessness are worse lately because I am going through a break up. I started Celexa a couple of weeks ago and prior to that had not taken meds for over 5 years. I am 34. Do you have any suggestions for ways to improve the mood through healthy eating? I am a vegetarian and my diet isn't the greatest. I'm just trying to explore options other than meds also. I practice meditation and will get back to yoga. Thanks
I cry almost every day. There usually there seems to be no cause. My life is good - conditions are good. I have people, friends and family who love me.
The spells happen when i am alone - and it's so hard to function; I have to push, push, keep pushing just to do the minimum. Why is it so hard to move, to get out of the house if i know i will be happier once i get to where I'm going? But still it's so hard to get ready and leave the house.
When i am with people it all goes away. I turn on a dime.,
It's as though I am two people. Which one is real? They can't both be?, And so things are starting to seems surreal. I'm scared.
Hello Everyone,

I have always suffered from anxiety, depression, slight OCD, and hypomanic. Dysthymia, General Anxiety Disorder to be precise. Also, Irritable Bowel Syndrome. This past year, I have suffered from anxiety attacks and recently within the past 5 months, panic attacks off and on. Terrifying. Firstly, having done lots of research and reading up on this, I notice that a lot of people who struggle with anxiety also struggle with either people pleasing placating perfectionism or low self-esteem, self-worth, which goes hand in hand with the perfectionism and wanting to please others .I get it. I've been there for the last 26 1/2 years. I'm now 27. Feels weird because the I remembered ,I was 20 years old, somewhat happy, but "normal"- meaning I didn't have to worry about social events, theatres, restaurants, etc...If I knew then what I know now ,I would have not sweat the small stuff and just enjoyed life. I find that a lot of times, I mourn my old self and my past. I have faced a series of traumatic events non-stop for the past 4 years. This past was the topper. Trauma, sense of losing control, and continual slaps and punches in the soul and faces causes panic over time if anxiety is not closely monitored. I have to agree with UNLEASHETH.

I myself have a very strong faith system in which I pray, read scripture, gain strength from it, and have a strong church community. I believe the power of the Holy Spirit, prayer, and people praying for you is stronger than any pill, any self-doubt, and hatred. I'm afraid that once I mention the Holy Spirit, people think "crazy freak" and scroll on. However, I'm not what you judge me to be.

I'm, like you, a sufferer and constant fighter of anxiety and panic attacks. I take .5 Xanax daily. I used to take 2 a day. Now just down to 1/2 a day .But the thing that has gotten me through the toughest of times, the strangest of times, and the worst of times is my faith in God knowing that He is still in the miracle business and can heal, = will heal. I know for some who don't believe, it seems bizarre than this God can just heal you. Well, what's there to lose but have faith? We have been through the ringer haven't we? We have all suffered, felt ill, felt isolated, freakish, alone, inadequate, and crazy- literally-for what we are suffering from.

God knows that the human body is frail. Just like He forgives us of this and teaches us to be more grateful in the moment, appreciative for every peaceful moment, and more humility because in the end, we know our illness takes up about 90% of our mental capacity and we spend less time thinking about our inflated self-egos- if we even have one at that- we should forgive ourselves. Not be so hard on ourselves.

I know that everything happens for a reason. I know my panic attacks are a result of trauma. And also my crying spells are a result of all the pain,a nger hatred, and sorrow I held in my heart for so long. It's like holding daggers to your heart and then when it pierces your heart, everything in your body goes haywire to expel the poison in your system- self hatred, doubt, negativity, feelings of low self-worth, what any person has every done to you to make you hate yourself.

I also have noticed that people who suffer from anxiety also suffered as children. We were taught at a young age that the world is not a safe place. It will be as safe as we make it. I know there is stigma towards medication and all that stuff. However, who is to judge? Why do we put valiant pride, self-confidence, and boasting egos up on a pedestal and since when did it become "bad" to feel vulnerable, alone, sad, sick, and weak? It's perfectly OK to feel weak, sad, vulnerable- human! We have every right to feel this way. It's our body's way of saying "something in here is off wire...gotta do some tightening of some bolts and some changing of some wires."

I'll stop going on and on. I just wanted to say that we can do this. We can make it. We can fight this. It takes strength. It takes courage. and It takes faith. Prayer works. People praying for you works. Due to prayer and the proper management system of my anxiety, i can step by step overcome my anxiety, drive miles away, go to church, go shopping, just be a functioning human being. It's hard. There are times I feel so sick and crazy I want to slap myself. However, the world is hard enough on us. Why be harder on ourselves.

Trust in God. He will heal you just like He is slowly healing me. It takes time. Baby steps. No matter what we have been through or where we are now, we must have faith. This life is a journey. Every day is a step . When we wake up in the morning and are not dead in the ground, we are goin to have to make some decisions. To love ourselves .To be good to ourselves .To look on the bright side. To fight control. To accept and embrace our demons vs. running and fighting them.

I'll leave you with a prayer that seemed to help me:

Spirit, please locate the origin of my feeling/thought of (insert the negative feeling or what you want to resolve here) _____________________________.

Take each and every level, layer, area and aspect of my Be-ing to this origin. Analyze and resolve it perfectly, with God's truth.

Come through all generations of time & eternity, healing every incident and it's appendages based on the origin.

Do it according to God's will until I'm at the present, filled with light and truth, God's peace and love, forgiveness of myself for my incorrect perceptions, forgiveness of every person, place, circumstance and event which contributed to this feeling (s) /thought (s) .

With total forgiveness and unconditional love I allow every physical, mental, emotional and spiritual problem, and inappropriate behavior based on the negative origin recorded in my DNA, to transform.

I choose__________________ (insert same positive replacement for each blank.)

I feel______________________ I am_____________________

It is done. It is healed. It is accomplished now!

Thank you, Spirit, for coming to my aid and helping me attain the full measure of my creation. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you and praise God from whom all blessings flow.'

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Philippians 4:6

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."- John 14:27

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Please have faith in yourself. and your ability to overcome. I want to see you heal and become better .My wish for all of you is peace. Inner and outer peace. Remember that in 100 years, all that you see will pass away. people die. and things pass away. so whenever you get anxiety and feel weird in social situations, just envision everything fading and passing away..and it doesn't matter in the end. In the end, it doesn't matter what they think. When we die, we'll be talking with the One who matters. Everything that we see now is temporary.
im a 22 year old male and i have experienced a lot of these things like the tightness of chest, cant take a full breath, awful dysphoric feelings that feel impossible to cope with, feeling fine by myself at home or with people i am familiar with but feeling extremely tense and anxious in public and crowds, etc.  These forums are comforting to read because i know im not the only one who feels this way.  i currently am taking medications (antidepressants, anti-anxiety, and so on).  Sometimes (at least for me) the medication itself can be difficult but it does help to an extent.  What really helps me is Jesus Christ.  He has helped me when I really needed help.  I know it may sound crazy but im serious.  He has given me strength and peace to carry on when I've felt like I was completely falling apart.  (I want to say this with as much respect as possible to whoever is reading, not arrogantly thumping bibles over heads as if i have all the answers for everything because i know i dont have all the
answers for everything.  I just know that Jesus has really helped me and I just wanted to share this with everyone here respectfully and in love.

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and you believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved" (Romans 10:9)
check candida
Oh my gosh you sound just like me, Its like your telling my story. Dont feel bad cause your not alone. I get so tired of this I could screem. I wish I had someone I could talk to. I feel so alone. If you ever want to talk you could talk to me even though I know Ill be nervice to talk to you but I will casue I know how you feel maby we could help each other. My email is if you want to talk. Im on mostly at  night
God bless you.....
ok so what happens when you are on the medicine and your still hystreically crying everytwhere?
well it could be you just need time or you need different meds or adjustments on your meds. Or if your going through menopause that can be like a rollercoaster ride. Hope this helps
Yes I agree I would for sure go to church with your boyfriends mom.
I have been sick for thirty years now and Im so much better and I can tell you the closer you get to god the better you will get. You need to read the bible to . I promise you this is what helped me the most.
Hi Shannon,
I know exactly how you feel. I cry almost every day. I've had my mother tell me to "Stop crying," and she doesn't understand that I can't just turn it off. It's like asking someone to stop breathing. I cry when I think about situations I've gotten myself into, or people that I've lost. My family, and I mean my whole family is moving to Nevada in a few months and I will be in Cali by myself. I am deadly afraid, and I cry about that because I feel scared. I suffer from major anxiety disorder and I've had this since I was a child. I did a very good job masking it for a long time, and then I got sick and had to have surgery, and after that, things haven't been the same. I remember being happy as a preteen and teen, and I was happy in college. I think way too much, and I need to lighten up, but it's hard for me. I know what you're going through and it's horrible. No one understands you, and if you're a professional working woman and you cry at your desk, be prepared for people to think that you have major turmoil in your life.
I just started having a problem, sorta like this, it would be out of the blue I would feel like I would want to cry alot but for no reason sometimes sometimes because I read something sad, like a book I have to read for school that I chose its called jarhead and im going to WARN you im about to SPOIL a part of it skip the dividers to not read the spoild part (Im only like 50 pages into the book but a marine that prevented the guy *Writer* from killing himself died a few years later from, a car crash and he was talking about how the guy made him look like a hero in his storys instead of him and how he was a good friend but I stoped after he was saying hed make him the hero because it was to sad *this is a biograpghy*) but I would want to bawl its very anoying but the thing is is im a 15 year old male and it just started this week and I actually left my classroom because it almost got me I went to the bathroom and prayed and I did not cry but I know one day its going to get me and Ill have no reason to explain it, it also gets hard to swallow but I cant find a reason why I want to yet
Dave,---whoever put you on Zoloft at such a young-age, they ought to be ashamed of there self. How long have you been taking Zoloft and how many milligrams? Don't take your dad's Ambien, if you take it more than 7 to 10 days, you will be climbing the walls, I worked as a CNA and  it happen to  two different men in their seventy's that I was staying with on my job. I don't think you have MS, I think you're having side effects to Zoloft. It one of the worst anti-depressent on the market,You need to go to the pages on Drugs,and Marketing Madness and Benzo with drawels.  You need to see a real Dr. not just one pushing pills,If you can get off of these meds. now you may not have to go through a lifetime of Hell,with all the problems they can cause you. You will have to taper off of Zoloft, you can"t go Cold turkey. Find a Dr. who will tell you how to taper off, don"t try it on your own. I am tapering off of low dose of Xanax myself. Try to get off of all your meds,and try life without them,The drug companies just want your money, I'll sign my name as Kay
I have Probable MS I take a lot of meds and I feel helpless I have so many wants and I feel so alone at times I also think no one understands me I used to work my *** off and now im down to nothing I cant drive for 6 months due to having a few seizures I have nothing really to look forward to at all with the exception of my kids but sometimes that can be overwhelming im find myself jealous my husband just ups and goes to his friends house whenever he so feels I feel like maybe the meds are causing these crying spells I just don't know whats wrong with me I just feel like my world has caved in I was terminated from my job due to being out on medical leave but im still not cleared to work anywhere and honestly im not sure what I can handle currently I stay so exhausted not sure if that's the meds I panic a lot about stupid things I have so many bad thoughts and this is just not the person I was before I want that person back so bad I used to feel beautiful now I don't even feel like I have to get dressed if all I have to look forward to is looking at these walls all day I never thought in a million years this is what I would be doing at 33 I hate and I mean absolutely hate taking these pills I just started kadian im not sure if it made the crying worse but I don't like how I feel right now I was supposed to take another but didn't could it be the meds wearing off im also on keppra and lamictal I was angry on keppra alone now im loathing in self pitty it seems I just don't know I wish answers had an easy button also I cant sleep where as before I would go to bed at 930 my mind radiates whenever I lay down anyway thanks for listening to me rant hope all gets better with everyone
mishymoshymarcy You can never shine throwin... Comment
33 mins ago
10356 Coyote is always out there ... Comment
Today i think i made progress
3 hrs ago by jonny_woods