Anxiety Community
Crying Spells...Is this Anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Crying Spells...Is this Anxiety?

A question to the group.  For some reason I keep getting these crying spells from time-to-time.  Is this anxiety or something else -- like depression?
I think that since you said the crying spells are "from time to time" that it may just be the anxiety.  I think it's reasonable for this to happen because of all the frustration that comes from anxiety.  I tend to feel better after crying anyhow.  After my mother died two years ago, I felt emotionally numb.  It may sound strange, but it's kind of nice to have some emotions back.  Up until this recent bout of anxiety, I don't know if I've even cried in the past couple of years.  I think crying is useful.
If you're concerned that you may be depressed, you should probably mention it to your doctor or therapist.  It's easier to get treatment when we know what we're dealing with.
Are you having any other symptoms of depression?  Waking up early in the morning, loss of appetite, moodiness, irritability, hopeless feelings, not enjoying things like normal, etc.?  If so, I would call your medical doctor and tell him/her what you're experiencing.  They can surely help.  Good luck!
Shannon, you just lost your beloved pet....crying spells are normal as you go through the grief process...I don't think any of your feelings at this moment can be determined one thing from another...you are feeling depressed and anxious and these are normal feelings with loss.  If they continue for abnormal periods of time, then it can be just anxiety with or without depression.  As I said ealier, stop being so hard on yourself.  Feel what you need to feel and try not to analyze.  In a month, if you are still in the bouts of depression then I would suggest looking more into chronic depression with anxiety.
Thanks  Suzi-Q.  I think my crying spells are not related to my lost pet.  I don't really think about my cat when this occurs.  I'm just curious...when you were first going through this -- did you have crying spells?  I'm seriously thinking of getting an SSRI to help me -- my therapist thinks I might have a moderate case of depression because of the anxiety.
The Ultimate Food Storage Cheat She...
19 mins ago by gymdandee
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
46 mins ago
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago