Anxiety Community
Cymbalta and bleeding/bruising

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Cymbalta and bleeding/bruising

I've been taking Cymbalta 30 mg for 3 weeks and have noticed more frequent bleeding/bruising.  Just wondering if anyone else has similar experience?

I am not taking any other drugs (including pain killers).

Thanks.
This is typical -- psychiatrists in general, and I've seen a lot over many years of this crap, are pretty lazy.  I learned about it because the manufacturer of Cymbalta is seeking FDA approval for using the med for pain and the liver deaths have come out.  This isn't unheard of -- tricyclics have for years been difficult for some and you have to get your liver tested regularly when you're on them, but they don't for Cymbalta.  I think they're going to have to start with this info coming out.  I would say if you have a psychiatrist who doesn't keep up, get a new one -- I had one of those when I went off Paxil, and he pretty much killed me with his ignorance.  Don't assume just because someone has a degree and a certificate they care about what they're doing or know what they're doing.  I did, and paid dearly for it.
All ssris and snris have as a common side effect increased bleeding and bruising.  It's why they warn against using NSAIDS when you're on them except under a doctor's care.  But I would be concerned if it's happening this soon after starting, and I'd also look into the recent concern over liver problems and Cymbalta.  I'd talk to my psychiatrist and do some homework to see if this is the best med for you.  
Thanks for your response Paxiled.

I will mention it to my psychiatrist, but he hasn't been helpful.  I mentioned my concern about liver problems last time and he said it's never heard of.
I should add, I learned it from the newspaper.  So it's not like a psychiatrist should have a problem finding this out!
Thanks Paxil.  Actually this is the second psychiatrist I've seen.  I didn't feel confident in the first one because he didn't seem to be knowledgeable (I just told him that I was feeling a bit depressed and then before I finished telling him my other symptoms he told me to take Prozac right away, and called in the next patient).  After that, they told my PCP that I was not co-operative.  My PCP got upset and told me that no one would help me if I don't co-operate.  

It's very difficult to find doctors in my area so I don't want to upset anyone.  My PCP seems to be "relatively" more reasonable so I plan to print out such information and try to convince her to get my liver tested.  Thanks for your reminder.
Goldensong57 is ... Comment
1 hr ago
melimeli Some people are angels! Comment
TinaR10 commented on photo
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms