Anxiety Community
Cymbalta and hair loss??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Cymbalta and hair loss??

Has anyone else experienced hair loss with Cymbalta? I swear it's making my hair fall out.
Hi there I've been taking cymbalta for about a year and have no problems actually I think my hair is better know. Do you have any other problems? I think a thyroid problem will cause  that as well as  many other problems will. Have you checked with a doc.? terri
Stress can cause hair loss.  How long have you been on Cymbalta?  If you just started give it some time and see if it doesn't resolve it's self.  I know when I am in my anxious state and feeling totally out of control it stress me out and I tend to looks alot of hair sometimes I think I am going bald.  But it doesn't seem to happen so much. You may want to talk to your doctor about it.
I have experience tremendous hair loss from Cymbalta.  Has anyone else?  It is very scary!  I have been on Cymbalta for a year and a half
Ive been on Cymbalta 60mg for a year and very nauseaeted, what can I do?  Trazadone 50mg at night for sleep.
I have been on cymbalta for almost a year and now have a bald spot on the back of my head and thyroid is fine, i don't know what to do
i have been on cymbalta and abilify for the last 7 months and i don't know which one is causing the hair loss but one of them is.
I have thin hair to begin with, but not THIS thin.  I was taking 30mg of Cymbalta for about a month.  Because - at that time - I didn't notice any side effects, my doctor upped the dose to 60mgs.  It took almost no time at all, for me to notice my hair falling out!!  It was everywhere.  After brushing my hair, for instance, I'd look at my brush and there were very long strands hanging off the brush, as if my hair was coming out from the root!!  Then I realized it was all over the floors...clogging my shower drain, etc.  This is SCARY.  The hair on the back of my head is now SO thin, that I have to brush the "strands" together, and then immediately use hairspray, to make sure the hair doesn't separate again, or else my scalp shows dramatically.  I didn't wait for my doctor's "permission".  I began to wean myself off of it, and am now completely off of it...I believe it's been about a month since the last dose.  I also want to say that this stuff put weight on me at the speed of light, as well.  AND, it caused my brain to feel as if there were little "explosions" going off in my head.  In fact I can STILL feel the explosions, although they are less intense now.  All I want to know is WILL MY HAIR GROW BACK?  Thank you for listening.
TinaR10 commented on sherrycoup's status
27 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
28 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on KeeLolo's status
29 mins ago