Anxiety Community
Cymbalta to Prozac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Cymbalta to Prozac

I want to know if anyone has switched safely from Cymbalta to Prozac? I was previously on Prozac for a couple of years and my dr. & I believed that it had stopped being as effective. I changed to Cymbalta with great results. However, I am starting to believe that it is no longer working and am considering changing back to Prozac.

Has anyone else had trouble with the drugs effects tapering off like that? And if so, how do I go about safely making the change?
Hi!  It's very common for our bodies to build up a tolerance to these types of medications, and need to switch meds.  You can't really go by other's experiences because we all respond differently to these types of meds.  What one experiences....you may not, and vice-versa.  I would discuss your options with your prescribing doctor and follow his advice......he's your best resource. Hope this helps and best wishes.
I want to do just the opposite of 3 dogs.My GP is against it. Is the difference so tramatic?  My son changed to Cymbalta withterrific results.
I was on Prozac for over 10 years with great results.  When I started having headaches again, the first the Dr flew to was the Prozac and said I had been on it too long and it was not effective any longer.  Since that time, it's been 6 months of daily headaches and countless medications and nothing has completely stopped them.  At this time I started out with Cymbalta 30 mg for 6 weeks and am now up to 60mg daily and I can notice a slight improvement.  At this stage of the game, I will take any improvement over the agony of the last 6 months.  Even a patient of a Neurologist that so far has only prescribed Zonsomide for sleeping.
Melaine
mishymoshymarcy Oh gosh i dont know anymore... Comment
1 hr ago
Irisbritney commented on Irisbritney's status
10356 commented on hi