Aa
A
A
Close
Cymbalta vs Paxil
pros & cons of both? I need a med that helps target anxiety & depression without many side effects. especially tremors.  
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I know we're all different.  For the past 7 months I've been on Zoloft then switched to Lexapro.  I don't know what to try next.  I'm suffering and need on something.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Both of these are two of the most difficult meds out there, especially when you want to stop taking them.  I'd go with ssris first since snris can be very stimulating, or tricyclics, or just try therapy and see if you can do it that way.  I don't think either of these will give you tremors, that's usually the mood disorder drugs, but side effects are peculiar to the individual, they don't necessarily go along with the med.  What's easy for one is hard for another.  But again, these two are difficult meds, and Cymbalta is more for depression than anxiety, but you do have both.  You can do a lot of research on your own if you choose to by just googling them, but that still won't tell you what your experience will be.  By reputation, the easiest to tolerate are Prozac and Lexapro.  Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for answering.  I've decided against both at this time.  I need more than therapy.  My main problem is anxiety.  I have to take something to combat physical symptoms of anxiety.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
You know best, but CBT therapy will directly try to help you with those symptoms with relaxation techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation, meditation, exercise, affirmations, and such.  The mental part is harder to deal with than the physical part, actually, though neither is easy or guaranteed.  But whatever you choose, I hope it helps.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I might try both.  My anxiety has gotten so bad that it takes everything in me to leave my home. It's accompanied with physical symptoms as severe stomach knots.  How do you go about finding a physiatrist?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Now there's the golden question, because most of them, in my experience, aren't all that informed about what they're prescribing.  Also unfortunately, my experience at least where I live is that the good ones don't take insurance.  I guess I can't really answer this one for you, except to say when you do see one make sure you question him or her to make yourself confident they know their meds and the difficulties.  Word of mouth is always good, and sometimes a good source is your personal care physician.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
463897 tn?1448485050
Blank
MH Community Mgr commented on stacey10's status
2 hrs ago
4059843 tn?1465214932
Blank
mishymoshymarcy every day is getting harder... Comment