Dark circles under eyes, anxiety/stress related.
Does anyone here get dark circles under their eyes due to anxiety and stress? Just wondering because I just got them recently and have been going through anxiety and stress.
I don't think that anxiety or stress, by themselves, can cause you to have dark circles under your eyes. More likely what is happening is that you are not getting enough sleep due to your anxiety/stress. Even if you say you are sleeping, your mind is still going at warp speed and you're probably not getting adequate REM sleep, which is the really deep, resotrative sleep we all need. I think a visit to your doc is in order to discuss this. Sleep deprivation can have some pretty nasty and sneaky, side effects.
Good luck and please let us know how it goes, OK?
Peace (and sweet dreams)
Greenlydia
Thanks, I have been getting a decent amount of sleep lately, although it is very possible that it isnt good REM sleep. I just hate the circles that are under my eyes all the time lately.
Anyone else?
I'm totally new to this forum but I just thought i'd pop up to say yes.  I'm suffering from generalized anxiety (mostly from drug withdrawl 100 days clean) and even though I'm unconcious for a good 8 hours a night I still have dark circles under my eyes and fatigue.

I'd wager that it's more the lack of quality sleep rather than the time spent "under".
2 cents..
Yeah thats how it is with me, I can get 8+ hours of sleep but I still have the circles and dont feel totally refreshed in the morning.
Yes, all of the above can cause the dark circles...and it USUALLY is due to the sleep deprivation, like Lydia mentioned.  Also, like duck said....more the "quality" issue than "quantity" for sure...

If you sleep for 12 hours a night, but it is a very "restless" sleep (common with anxiety sufferers)...then absolutely those dark circles can rear their ugly heads!  Your body isn't properly "resting" and allowing itself to "rejuvenate" so to speak.  A LOT of anxiety-ridden folks will complain about waking as though they hadn't slept at all....not that "refreshed" feeling.

I know it is an understood pretty much for health in general, and I am bad at it myself...but drinking a sufficient amount of water daily helps with all of these things...the stress, anxiety, etc etc.

Hang in there....you won't have those circles forever.

And duck....my sincerest congratulations on your recent success!!!  100 days, what a HUGE accomplishment!  Even if you end up with a few darker circles...I'd say it is WELL worth it!!!  Way to go!!!!
I havent woke up with a refreshed feeling in a month. As soon as I wake up I feel anxious and nervous right off the bat. Ive been drinking a lot of water as well and it doesnt help with my sleep, but it does make me urinate like 7 times a day.
I must be just as anxious and worried when im sleeping as when im awake. Last night I had dreams about all the things that I am all anxious and worked up about. Its like all my worries are following me even when I sleep and wont let me be.
As nursegirl said, the dark circles won't last forever........IF you do something about your sleep problem which is related to your anxiety problem which is related to your sleep problem..........see where I'm going?
Time to take your tired butt and your dark circles to your doc for a wee bit of a chin wag about some "issues!"
I recommend some time with a good therapist and your doc could possibly give you something MILD to help you get some sleep, to get some rest until the work with the therapist does for you what the drugs helped you with.
Sleep is very important, but it must be the right kind of sleep to help restore and rebuild what our body has used up during the day, and give our minds the freedom to play with the good things in our lives.
Talk to your doc.............OK?
Sweet dreams!
Peace
Greenlydia    
When you are stressed more of your blood is directed to you main organs where your body needs it most rather than to your face which is left looking drained and a bit pastier. The contrast between the rest of your skin and the circles beneath your eyes, can make the darkness appear more noticeable.