Dentist/panic attack
i'm just wondering if my anxiety could of started from a visit to my dentist bk in december 2007 after a root canal treatment on a tooth with they either take away the nerve or just kill it to take the feelin away not sure which havent looked into it yet. well anyways my panic attack happened 2 days after the visit to the dentist when i was at home sat on the couch wacthing telly with my 2 children at the time. i went all funny called my mum and husband as he was at work and was rushed to hospital coz me thinking i was dieing which i now know i wasn't. Now then it was only a couple of weeks ago i was bk at my dentist but have been in between then with the odd filling i had to have another root canal and same again i started feeling funny i can controlle the panic attacks its just the feeling of i don't feel like im with the normal world and spacedout, tingling and shakey my doctor up'd my normal 75mg of effexor to 150mg to help me get bk to normal again coz i was doing great for 10month after i had my 3rd child not even a panic attack insight. so i was just wondering if this has anything to do with it as i did put my appointment off on the 19th and i'm due bk on the 1st of feb for the treatment to be finished and no doubt if he hasn't alreadykilled or taken the nerves away he will be doing, i just don't wanna feel like this again its crap, i was a normal lively out going person before all this happened to me and my family and my husbands family had never experianced anything like  this before thanks jessica :)
I think your root canal happened around the same time your medication stopped working, and this is why your doctor has increased your dosage.  Having a root canal may have raised your anxiety at the time, but I doubt it is causing the panic attacks.
This is exactly what happened to me!!!!!  i have been fighting panic and anxiety for  nearly 9 years. I know it was started from a root canal.  I know it is Crap!!    Good luck to you!!